Implementation of /setdep

Short description: /setdep allows for factions with access to /dep to be able to direct their communication to one specific faction rather than have it clutter up the departmental radio as a whole.

Detailed description: If I am in SD and I do /setdep PD my radio transmission will only go out to PD and other factions will not see it. To frankly put it, if another faction is liaising with FD that doesn't effect me and it doesn't like "disrupt" my role-play but it could confuse people if they need to use the departmental radio to speak to another faction. This just organises everything and I don't see anything wrong with that!  

Commands to add: /setdep [PD, SD, FD, JSA] and all the other relevant factions who have access to /dep

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?  It would improve communications as a whole over /dep and will resolve confusion, it will also remove the possible inkling of meta-game.

Additional information: This suggestion is nothing unique but I was planning to suggest it for a while and I truly think it's needed. I hope I delivered my point clearly, I'll happily clarify anything if need be.

Also have it so that you can select and speak to multiple groups at once, example if the LSFD needs to speak to PD and SD regarding shots heard in an area then they can just do /setdep PD SD and then /dep as per normal to speak to those factions.

Edited by Blowin' Hollows
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Swag said:

I prefer the current way it is. This suggestion will make it messy in my opinion so it's a no from me. 

How so? If anything, having it so that three people are all concurrently talking over /dep at once is messier. All you do is one extra command which isn't even long at all.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

this will be super messy and I really can’t be bothered typing /setdep so ... no !

From what I remember with this system on lsrp, you could setdep, but also just keep it as is and broadcast to all factions with access to departmental radio. Thus, you can use it either way depending on personal preferences. I don't see much of a problem adding such feature and keeping it opt in so you as a player can decide between directing traffic or just throwing it out to all departments.