5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

I believe that the limit should stay. Honestly, I'm sure you don't earn ridiculous amounts of money from robbing people at gun/knife point. I believe the rule is in place to prevent people from changing tax brackets within a robbery or two.

• Upvote 1

Robbery is not the only method of money making for illegal RP. It's the easiest for brain dead players with no creativity. I'm not knocking it or any user that does it. But it requires nothing other than having an advantage over the individual.

This either being with a weapon, a strike to the victim out of nowhere, or maybe even a tackle. If you don't deliberately ruin somebodies roleplay and actually create an engaging storyline and not just mask up "Gimme yo shit!" without a doubt I can see a lot of players giving above the maximum cash take. Reward the robber for providing you an actual roleplay scenario that isn't typical cancer.

However no. It would absolutely cripple civilian/legal RP economy. All it takes is the victim to not have a gun or not being prepared to lose out on everything they have on them, purely because you have no imagination on making your own $. My opinion, though.

On 3/9/2021 at 4:02 AM, Zani said:

I believe that the limit should stay. Honestly, I'm sure you don't earn ridiculous amounts of money from robbing people at gun/knife point. I believe the rule is in place to prevent people from changing tax brackets within a robbery or two.

The only reason people don't earn millions while robbing is because no one is stupid enough to carry millions on them cash. Just like no one should carry millions on them IG.

23 minutes ago, Wasloos said:

The only reason people don't earn millions while robbing is because no one is stupid enough to carry millions on them cash. Just like no one should carry millions on them IG.

I mean sometimes you have to carry a lot of cash because of the inflated economy we have. That is, entrance fees, dining fees where things cost a few hundred each time. Realistically I don't go to the bank (ever) every 2/3 days to get money out of the bank. As I've mentioned, the rule in my humble opinion should remain as is.

On 10/15/2020 at 8:05 PM, RoamPT said:

Do not agree. Another reason is that people need to carry a lot of money on them at times to mod their vehicle or do vehicle maintenance etc. I carry 10k with me at all times so I can pay for the faction vehicles maintenance. It has to be that way since we can't pay for a lot of stuff with our bank account balance. Also a robbery usually lasts 5-10 minutes and the robber can already get 5k for just a few roleplaying lines. No need to raise it, like I said I'm most certainly people carry a lot of cash with them because of the script not giving you an option to either use your wallet money or your bank balance.

modding ur vehicle is done with cash in the bank now. you could alter the scripts like furnishing to do the same as well.

7 hours ago, Playboii said:

modding ur vehicle is done with cash in the bank now. you could alter the scripts like furnishing to do the same as well.

Apparently not. I attempted to have a vehicle modified just today, only to find that I did not have enough cash - it feeds first or only from your on-hand cash supply.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Apparently not. I attempted to have a vehicle modified just today, only to find that I did not have enough cash - it feeds first or only from your on-hand cash supply.

that's weird, everytime i goto mod my hoopty, it comes straight out of my bank.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, Moonsong said:

Is walking around with large sums of cash stupid? Certainly if there's no reason for doing so or script limitations requiring cash to be on hand. That aside though, let's not pretend that there wouldn't be swarms of players robbing everyone in sight on the off-chance they'll be carrying a load of cash thus leading to a disproportionate spike in robberies due to script changes.

Let's also not forget this would have a detrimental effect on new players, who still won't know how to properly utilize the new inventory system yet. Let's say you roleplayed around for a few hours and save up 20k from starter money, only to have that swiped from you in a matter of minutes. It's not gonna be a nice experience for them, and will surely make some consider not logging back in.

Cash is wider range as it is today, is largely unnecessary to carry around. Usually only cases when cash is used are those where standard ways of banking cannot be used, this mostly refers to criminal activities. Indeed people still carry cash around, but not in amounts they used to.

5 minutes ago, Playboii said:

that's weird, everytime i goto mod my hoopty, it comes straight out of my bank.

There may be an inconsistent element at play in the script.

Regardless, removing the 5k limit does not strike me as the smartest move currently. As it is now, the criminal community is not doing such a great job of self-policing and eliminating poor roleplay, particularly hasty middle-of-the-street muggings that are obviously carried out purely for script gains as opposed to creating a roleplay interaction. This issue has been steadily growing more prevalent over time, which would only skyrocket in frequency if criminals found they could potentially earn hundreds of thousands from that one lucky ambush. It stops being about roleplay, and starts being about hitting as many targets as possible in order to increase the likeliness of that one big score.

That is not something that will encourage roleplay on either side, and instead only add on to the already unrealistically massive amounts of crime taking place.

However, I could see the cash theft limit being removed if the punishment for being caught was increased, with a mandatory portion of the time in prison needing to be spent active, logged in, and IC. Creating very real consequences for criminal activities would be a solid counterbalance to allow for removing the mugging limit.

Edited by DasFroggy