5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

Short description: Change or remove the maximum limit of robbing another player. 

Detailed description: There shouldn't be a rule on a maximum robbing amount, if a player is ballsy enough to carry around 20k then they should be ready to accept the consequences of losing 20k. People can just carry around large amounts of cash but not lose but 5k of it due to a rule. I have never understood this rule, if you are willing to carry a ton of cash be ready to lose a ton of cash.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? People wouldn't carry around 20-50k just because they know they can only lose 5k they would be more likely to try to keep their money put away until its needed.

Additional information:

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I carry 100k on me from point A to point B because I'm furnishing.

I end up getting robbed, because I went to furnish, doing something that's for the most part OOC.

How is this fair? 5k is solid and the rule needs no change.

Never thought about furnishing, i'm mainly talking about the people who just carry around 20k at all times in low income neighborhoods because they can only be punished losing 5k, I don't know just been a rule that i've always questioned. 

Do not agree. Another reason is that people need to carry a lot of money on them at times to mod their vehicle or do vehicle maintenance etc. I carry 10k with me at all times so I can pay for the faction vehicles maintenance. It has to be that way since we can't pay for a lot of stuff with our bank account balance. Also a robbery usually lasts 5-10 minutes and the robber can already get 5k for just a few roleplaying lines. No need to raise it, like I said I'm most certainly people carry a lot of cash with them because of the script not giving you an option to either use your wallet money or your bank balance.

Edited by RoamPT

Robberies are already some of the most contentious interactions on the server. The risk of such illegal behavior would need to increase substantially if we want that limit to rise - but I'm continually disappointed by robbery RP to the point I'm not sure even that would be fair. 

Never mind the IRS would have a few things to say if 50k suddenly appeared in someone's bank account. 

/me pulls up on a foo lacking in broad daylight with 150 witnesses

/me aims his glawk fawty problem solver at foo number 1

/b rp gun fear

/s dont move bruh or imma air u out nahmean 

/me pats foo number 1 down quickly while aiming his glawk fawty problem solver at him

/do where is everything gimme ur shit

Hard pass. In two years of being on this server, I could count on my fingers the amount of properly roleplayed robberies.

• Upvote 8