Characters that call 911 when suiciding

Zani

5 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Clarification for people outside of first responder RP, how many suicidal turned suicide 911 phone calls come in for say a week?

There's not really an accurate metric on it. Sometimes we go weeks without seeing one, but I swear if it rains it pours. If someone sees a character thread where someone committed suicide, they're following.

I know when I was in FD, I responded to like four in like two or three days. I'll be honest now that I'm in PD, unless it turns into a suicide situation while I'm on scene, I'm not going. Because 15 minutes in, I'm quoting Van Halen and telling them they might as well jump.

But again, it comes in waves, sometimes multiple a night, sometimes weeks with nothing. It really depends on people's character stories on the forums. When one goes over the cliff, the lemmings seem to follow.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Declan said:

it’s like they follow a script. character phones 911. cops come and talk to them. they then come off the ledge they’re standing on. has anyone every actually cked from a suicide call

They have. Plenty of times. We just had one recently.

An admin on this thread stated that they had to deal with someone who’d CK daily? Or often and called 911 to suicide each time. That to me is poor roleplay. Not everyone just kills themselves. It’s just an attempt at drama and attention.

People also say ‘dont go’ but if us in the LEO factions never went to a suicide call, we’d be called 250 names like bad roleplayers. They’ll say we just want to go to pursuits and shootouts which is definitely not the case. We also could get in IC trouble if were available for calls and were not taking them.

39 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

This is a roleplay server. People roleplay transgender prostitutes, junkies, and have vivid 80 paragraph /me sex in interiors constantly.This is where you draw the line? ?

I’m not homophobic, so I’ve no problem with people playing any gender they choose.

I’m also not obligated to RP with people wanting ERP as we have rules that it must be done privately, so this is already covered.

The difference in RPing with suicide is that you don’t have a choice and the people RPing it know that you either have to become a vile human being by having a ‘whatever’ attitude and being uncaring or you suddenly have to drop everything to rush to a scene which the outcome is already decided no matter how good the people at the crisis RP.

Suicide RP is terrible because the reasons people do it ICly are extremely poor and not the results of months / years of issues slowly building up - but Keane covered this already and OOCly are players wanting attention, knowing IC teams like PD / FD and others have to support it.

6 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Suicide RP should fall under offensive server rules.

While a player should be allowed to kill their character in order to make a new one, bringing other players into such RP without consent is frankly shocking and displays a complete lack of emotional understanding of just what it is to go through the aftermath of such an event.

See this is where you have to draw the line for offensive roleplay. Sexual and erotic roleplay is one thing, as it also prevents pedophiles from roleplaying with minors on the server, and also has good reasoning behind it. However, once you start suggesting roleplays such as suicides should be classified as offensive roleplay, this server will slowly start having a mindset of, if it's even emotionally sensitive or covers the dark parts of real life, it should be classified as offensive RP. If you genuinely have a problem with witnessing ingame suicides, dis involve yourself from the scene, unless you are a first responder responding to the suicide, you are under no obligation to be at the scene. Instead of trying to impose regulations on other players, instead dis involve yourself from the roleplay.

Just now, xdthe said:

See this is where you have to draw the line for offensive roleplay. Sexual and erotic roleplay is one thing, as it also prevents pedophiles from roleplaying with minors on the server, and also has good reasoning behind it. However, once you start suggesting roleplays such as suicides should be classified as offensive roleplay, this server will slowly start having a mindset of, if it's even emotionally sensitive or covers the dark parts of real life, it should be classified as offensive RP. If you genuinely have a problem with witnessing ingame suicides, dis involve yourself from the scene, unless you are a first responder responding to the suicide, you are under no obligation to be at the scene. Instead of trying to impose regulations on other players, instead dis involve yourself from the roleplay.

This person gets it.

If you don't like it, walk away.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, xdthe said:

Yeah but you see you’re still suggesting for it to be, in some fashion, Offensive roleplay towards first responders. Honestly it’s not that I’d be disturbed by it, it’s just that I would rather not deal with being held up for god knows how long when someone’s already made the decision to kill themselves. I’d rather be out there looking for good, productive roleplay.

2 minutes ago, xdthe said:

Eventually we'd end up at the point of. "This offends me, please ban from server". For tons of issues. Which would lead to a culling of the server. 

Just now, Saccs said:

Yeah but you see you’re still suggesting for it to be, in some fashion, Offensive roleplay towards first responders. Honestly it’s not that I’d be disturbed by it, it’s just that I would rather not deal with being held up for god knows how long when someone’s already made the decision to kill themselves. I’d rather be out there looking for good, productive roleplay.

Not trying to come off as rude or insensitive, but if you genuinely cannot handle dealing with a roleplay suicide call in terms of OOCly, why are you even a first responder?  And I absolutely agree, some suicide calls are rushed and poorly roleplayed but my point is, we shouldn't ban them all together.

Just now, xdthe said:

Not trying to come off as rude or insensitive, but if you genuinely cannot handle dealing with a roleplay suicide call in terms of OOCly, why are you even a first responder?  And I absolutely agree, some suicide calls are rushed and poorly roleplayed but my point is, we shouldn't ban them all together.

It's not the thing about them not being able to deal with it OOC as a first responder. It's the thing about this time consuming spectacle that generally speaking awful characters make and as first responder RPers, we're obligated to respond and stay on scene while they carry out a half assed, poorly thought out predisposed end to the story. Nobody's in their feelings about it. They just don't want to waste a good chunk of their night dealing with a mall rat jumper. I sympathize with it.