The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

2 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

How does it make sense to have a clique in the heart of the canals. What gang member has a home in Vespucci Canals? What, are they commuting to where they bang? Perhaps taking carpool?

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

but what part of this falls under the "done correctly"?

I said what I said, if you didn't read it then it ain't my fault.

6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

good god lmao thats a joke

Do your research, it's 2020 and gentrification is a huge problem in LA. Houses in SOUTH LA could go for over 400k at this point IRL.  Gentrification has pushed alot of gang members out of LA and into it's surrounding areas. This still doesn't stop gang members from still posting up in the area that their gang has been claiming since the early 1970s.  That's the case for most gangs in  West LA (which Vespucci mirrors), most gang members from West LA either live in low income apartments on the outskirts of their hoods or have to drive from wherever they live to get to their hood and do what they do on a daily basis. 

Edited by Project-P
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Project-P said:

Do your research, it's 2020 and gentrification is a huge problem in LA. Houses in SOUTH LA could go for over 400k at this point IRL.  Gentrification has pushed alot of gang members out of LA and into it's surrounding areas. This still doesn't stop gang members from still posting up in the area that their gang has been claiming since the early 1970s.  That's the case for most gangs in  West LA (which Vespucci mirrors), most gang members from West LA either live in low income apartments on the outskirts of their hoods or have to drive from wherever they live to get to their hood and do what they do on a daily basis. 

What you're explaining has nothing to do with what was brought up. Gentrification is referring to an area that once was dominated by low income now changing into a more wealthy environment due to richer people movin in. I don't remember a point in time where Vespucci Canals was ever a low income neighborhood

Screenshot_77.png

I'll leave the debate aside since some of you disagree just to disagree.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Project-P said:

This is the opposite of gentrification.

This is gangbangers trying to operate in Vespucci Canals.

Venicecanals-fc01df20e4e343d59fa98a1539f9a9f7.jpg

image.jpg

Are you seriously telling me that these were, at some point, low-income housing? Or housing that bangers could afford? No.

There is quite a large difference between the entire area of Vespucci and specifically the Vespucci Canals. Similarily with Santa Monica and the Santa Monica canals. Yes, each of these locations house low-income areas and gangs. But that does not mean the entire area does. That's absurd, rediculous and making up so much shit I can't even fathom.