Perma Death, forced CK?

Sons

2 minutes ago, ????????? said:

Nah cause people kill for dumbass reasons 80% of the time and admins already have enough shit to deal with. Having a billion appeals a day would be even worse for them. Criminal RPers tend to provoke civilian RPers over the dumbest shit as well acting like its some euro village or a favela and not America, and end up killing them so that would only add to the issue too. Just no. Perma death sounds appealing but in reality it's not. PKs are a thing for a reason. The only time permadeath works is when everyone cares more about roleplaying than they do upsetting people oocly or trash talking people that don't roleplay the same thing as them. If people were all on the same level of standard for roleplay and ooc courtesy, this would be an absolutely amazing way to have the server, but people aren't, so it'll just be a shit show. A lot of people would quit if they're forced to CK after working hard on building up a character with dev and whatever else, only to lose it because some skinhead rper for example walks up and starts antagonizing and provoking them and ends up killing them thus ending their character abruptly over a shitty encounter. It simply doesn't work.

Man don't start grouping all criminal rpers into one group, that's like saying all civilian roleplayers are mallrats with no character dev whatsoever.

Just now, MCB666 said:

Man don't start grouping all criminal rpers into one group, that's like saying all civilian roleplayers are mallrats with no character dev whatsoever.

That's not what I meant, poor wording. I know not all criminal rpers are like that, there's really good peeps in all groups of RP. I tend to generalize and leave it as a "if you don't do this it's obviously not about you" kinda deal so my bad on that one.

6 minutes ago, ????????? said:

Nah cause people kill for dumbass reasons 80% of the time and admins already have enough shit to deal with. Having a billion appeals a day would be even worse for them. Criminal RPers tend to provoke civilian RPers over the dumbest shit as well acting like its some euro village or a favela and not America, and end up killing them so that would only add to the issue too. Just no. Perma death sounds appealing but in reality it's not. PKs are a thing for a reason. The only time permadeath works is when everyone cares more about roleplaying than they do upsetting people oocly or trash talking people that don't roleplay the same thing as them. If people were all on the same level of standard for roleplay and ooc courtesy, this would be an absolutely amazing way to have the server, but people aren't, so it'll just be a shit show. A lot of people would quit if they're forced to CK after working hard on building up a character with dev and whatever else, only to lose it because some skinhead rper for example walks up and starts antagonizing and provoking them and ends up killing them thus ending their character abruptly over a shitty encounter. It simply doesn't work.

watch that tone 

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, PeterPergo said:

watch that tone 

"that tone"? I didn't insult your child bro. I said a lot of criminal rpers provoke and kill with dumbass reasons, pay attention ingame and even in the reports and you'll see it's just the truth. Just like there's stupid RP on the legal side too. If that's somehow an offensive tone idk what to tell you? ?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ????????? said:

"that tone"? I didn't insult your child bro. I said a lot of criminal rpers provoke and kill with dumbass reasons, pay attention ingame and even in the reports and you'll see it's just the truth. Just like there's stupid RP on the legal side too. If that's somehow an offensive tone idk what to tell you? ?

i really dont appreciate that tone of urs buddy, i clearly find it offensive 

Edited by PeterPergo
11 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

If this rule were implemented, I would simply leave to find a server that has no such rule, as there would not likely be much of a community left after. People will not stick around if Joey Shootsabunch can kill entire months of story for a dozen people after spending only a week to acquire a gun, and then just off himself to start the cycle all over again.

People will just stop creating those stories all together. 

7 minutes ago, ????????? said:

That's not what I meant, poor wording. I know not all criminal rpers are like that, there's really good peeps in all groups of RP. I tend to generalize and leave it as a "if you don't do this it's obviously not about you" kinda deal so my bad on that one.

All good bro, I see what you mean. ?

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Worse yet, we literally have people self CKing to avoid prison sentences. The issue with making a CK mandatory after any PvP is that the consequences for killing are too easy to dodge for the level of impact it can have on others who may actually be positively contributing to community health overall with their characters.

If this rule were implemented, I would simply leave to find a server that has no such rule, as there would not likely be much of a community left after. People will not stick around if Joey Shootsabunch can kill entire months of story for a dozen people after spending only a week to acquire a gun, and then just off himself to start the cycle all over again.

That and every subpar gang RPer gets into gunfights with no fear for their character's life/development up to that point. We'll literally be spammed daily.