Hide the reticle on all firearms.

lux

Just now, Marksman said:

So you admit you've not seen anyone roleplay learning to use a firearm?

So why is it then that civilians should be assumed to be untrained and incomplent, while criminals are assumed to be well versed in the features and utility of a firearm? Skill does not neccessarily come from experience. If gangsters were so experienced and efficient with firearms then they'd be more of a threat to law enforcement. But boy, they are not.

Sounds a lot to me like you're trying to sway things in your favour because you get clapped by CCW holders.

I dont even RP as one of these gangsters I am talking about, so no nothing is "swaying" in my favour lmao ?

I came here to help improve the server not get into an argument with someone that feels threatened when a suggestion doesn't benefit him.

Have a nice day carnal

I think this shouldn't be needed. It's character portrayal. If you rp a good shooter, then you shouldn't have to play a game in and out to learn it's ways and be able to rp what you want to rp. Just like I don't need to go through years of medical school if I want to be in FD. 

I rather have people controlling themselves if they "rp" that 15 y/o gangbanger and purposely not hit every single shot. If you see someone rp a 15 y/o gang banger that shoots equally as good as a hitman who has 20 years on the job, then you should report them. Cause to me that seems like poor character portrayal. 

Edited by goddessoflife

I like and dislike this suggestion, however, I’m swaying towards the dislike side of things. As many others above me mentioned it’s character portrayal, I don’t want to dedicate 20-30 mins of my day everyday to a shooting range so I can learn how to shoot OOCly when my character is portrayed as being a decent shot.

Also, what stops me from just going into first person and aiming from there?

On 8/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Marksman said:

So you admit you've not seen anyone roleplay learning to use a firearm?

So why is it then that civilians should be assumed to be untrained and incomplent, while criminals are assumed to be well versed in the features and utility of a firearm? Skill does not neccessarily come from experience. If gangsters were so experienced and efficient with firearms then they'd be more of a threat to law enforcement. But boy, they are not.

Sounds a lot to me like you're trying to sway things in your favour because you get clapped by CCW holders.

This is one of the most ignorant paragraphs I think I've ever read.

Skill literally does come from experience. Literal decades of physiological studies and cognitive research support the idea that the frequent repetition of a skill-based activity increases your competence at that activity. I can't help but laugh at that argument. It's..really...really bad, like embarrassingly so.

> If gangsters were so experienced and efficient with firearms then they'd be more of a threat to law enforcement. But boy, they are not.

Google the term "Generalization".

7 hours ago, NickyW said:

Skill literally does come from experience

On 8/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Marksman said:

Skill does not neccessarily come from experience.

If you choose to utilize selective reading, your perception of what I've said will be skewed. Skill does not neccessarily come from experience. Why? Because if your experience is doing it the wrong way then you're not going to become more skillful.

If you, a low-life gangbanger, spend your time "training" with a firearm, and you do things the wrong way, like holding it improperly or not understanding efficient drawing and reloading techniques, then you will be outgunned by someone who spends half as much time actually training, but with the proper technique and procedure.

Similarily, if I train to become a driver in motorsport but I shift the wrong way and I steer with one hand and my feet are inverted on the pedals, no matter if I spend 10 years training this way someone who does it properly for one year will outclass me.

Skill comes from experience and training, but if you do not train properly then your experience multiplier is hindered while those that train with proper technique are on a double XP weekend.

Yes, remove that reticle baby. Get into 1st person or judge where the middle of the screen is. With 1.1 coming soon, this would be amazing.

Also, set the shooting skill to 0 for all players so it's not as much of a fucking laser beam.

RN it's set at 100.

I fucking hate HUD. Especially the 'GTA World V1.9.7' shit that clogs up my bottom and breaks immersion whenever I notice it.

Why the shit is that even there? lol

6 hours ago, Marksman said:

Skill comes from experience and training, but if you do not train properly then your experience multiplier is hindered while those that train with proper technique are on a double XP weekend.

My counterargument here would be to look at any NBA player with awful shooting form. Stephen Curry for example has a very unorthodox, and traditionally incorrect form, but since he's been practicing so long, hes the best shooter in the league. Guys older than him, with proper form, who probably practice just as often or perhaps even more, are not as good at shooting as he is.

There's tons of NBA players with bad fundamentals and shooting techniques, yet they somehow are able to play in the most professional, competitive basketball league on the planet. Even though they train the "wrong way".

Again. Skill is almost always (in physical activities) more about muscle-memory and repetition than it is proper-technique.

Look at typing, for example. I only utilize around three to four of my fingers when I type. I don't use the 'proper' method (home-row keys, etc.). Despite this, I type at around 134 WPM, faster than the national average pace for secretaries (70 WPM), who literally type professionally. That's probably because I've been doing it since I could read a computer screen, despite not ever being taught the proper form.

Edited by NickyW
Just now, NickyW said:

My counterargument here would be to look at any NBA player with awful shooting form. Stephen Curry for example has a very unorthodox, and traditionally incorrect form, but since he's been practicing so long, hes the best shooter in the league. Guys older than him, with proper form, who probably practice just as often or perhaps even more, are not as good at shooting as he is.

There's tons of NBA players with bad fundamentals and shooting techniques, yet they somehow are able to play in the most professional, competitive basketball league on the planet. Even though they train the "wrong way".

Again. Skill is almost always (in physical activities) more about muscle-memory and repetition than it is proper-technique.

Look at typing, for example. I only utilize around three to four of my fingers when I type. I don't use the 'proper' method (home-row keys, etc.). Despite this, I type at around 134 WPM, faster than the national average pace for secretaries (70 WPM), who literally type professionally. That's probably because I've been doing it since I could read a computer screen, despite not ever being taught the proper form.

I'm just going to take this multi-paragraph text box and say firearms aren't the same as fucking typing lmfao.

• mj2002 locked this topic