New property changes discussion

Timzii

Here's my final take on the topic:

There's virtually zero reason to not allow a hybrid system where people can pay with their hourly paycheck, as long as they have engaged in an initial interaction with the landlord to RP contracts, keys, etc. The /rent system should not be open to the public but only as a command the landlord can use at the time of renting. The tenant would then have to scriptly accept the rent command to begin renting. The economy functions on an hourly basis for paychecks, so it only makes sense to allow rent to come out with their paychecks as it always has. The new system allows for landlord to RP as landlords now, since they can't just put their place up for /rent and have random people just abuse the command without any RP. 

Automatic payments exist. In 3 years living in my house, I have always had my mortgage deducted automatically. I never have to remember to transfer the money to someone. In the years I lived in an apartment, I think I saw someone from Property Management once and that was because my toilet broke. I always had my monthly rent payments deducted automatically. This is not a new concept. So why now all of a sudden is it a hassle? 

People who are complaining about landlords not doing anything and making money, that's not all on the landlords. As a tenant, make them work for their money. Call in broken sinks. Call in broken showers. Call in lights that aren't working. As tenants if you're renting out a place and then never contacting the landlord again, I would venture to say that's on you. Landlords are not the only ones at fault here. 

Edited by Saidin
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
On 8/3/2020 at 12:35 PM, Saidin said:

Automatic payments exist. In 3 years living in my house, I have always had my mortgage deducted automatically. I never have to remember to transfer the money to someone. In the years I lived in an apartment, I think I saw someone from Property Management once and that was because my toilet broke. I always had my monthly rent payments deducted automatically. This is not a new concept. So why now all of a sudden is it a hassle?

Everything about this. Here's an idea. You have to meet IC with the landlord of course to work out the rental fees and contract. 
Then, the command /givepropertykey (ID) (hourly fee) sets the hourly rent price.

• Applaud 1
Just now, Arielle said:

Everything about this. Here's an idea. You have to meet IC with the landlord of course to work out the rental fees and contract. 
Then, the command /givepropertykey (ID) (hourly fee) sets the hourly rent price.

If this could be an alternative to the new introduced system we'd all be happy.

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

If this could be an alternative to the new introduced system we'd all be happy.

I've gone ahead and made the suggestion since it seems like a good compromise between the old and new system. Low activity players don't overpay. Tenants don't have to manually remember to pay.

8 minutes ago, Arielle said:

I've gone ahead and made the suggestion since it seems like a good compromise between the old and new system. Low activity players don't overpay. Tenants don't have to manually remember to pay.

That's great, could possibly throw this thread in there as well for people to read through the discussion maybe.

• 5 months later...