New property changes discussion

Timzii

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Lets get it back on track then. What's a good range for a weekly rent price?

Really depends on the property, where it's located, if it's a house or an apartment and if it's exclusive rent or with another tenants. I'd say anywhere between 2-7k a week sounds fair tbh.

Edited by Pogis
Just now, Pogis said:

Really depends on the property, where it's located, if it's a house or an apartment and if it's exclusive rent or with another tenants. I'd say anywhere between 2-7k a week sounds fair tbh.

I'd personally think it can go higher than 7k a week.

There are a lot of properties where an equivalent is essentially unobtainable, because of scarcity.

Properties on the beach front, villas in Vinewood Hills, Chumash, remote locations in Blaine County.

I wouldn't be surprised if these could fetch well over 10-20k a week.

In the end, this may cause properties to be worth even more.

Just now, Pogis said:

What will you do if your character is rather poor in-character and can't find rent for that cheap, as I can guarantee you no landlord is going to want that kind of money from a single property on weekly basis. This will only result in people not being able to find a property to stay at, let alone screwing full time landlords over big time. If you think 2-7k per week is a fair amount then you're hiighly mistaking, people had no problem before paying 350-600$ rent per paycheck, making the number from weekly rent 2-4 amounts higher than the one you've named. But now that they've got to pay out of their pocket it doesn't make sense, mainly because  certain people need the money to continue their own roleplay and can't afford the rent in the new way. 

Just now, mj2002 said:

I'd personally think it can go higher than 7k a week.

There are a lot of properties where an equivalent is essentially unobtainable, because of scarcity.

Properties on the beach front, villas in Vinewood Hills, Chumash, remote locations in Blaine County.

I wouldn't be surprised if these could fetch well over 10-20k a week.

In the end, this may cause properties to be worth even more.

I really  hope that ''villas in Vinewood Hills, Chumash'' houses don't get given to players who plan on renting those out....

as for beach front, well, yeah, the prices could be higher than that, if it's a short-term lease, and it's a decent property.

I just really don't want to see 1 story Mirror Park houses or random 1 bedroom apartments in Vespucci rented out for 10k+ a week.

Just now, Pogis said:

I really  hope that ''villas in Vinewood Hills, Chumash'' houses don't get given to players who plan on renting those out....

as for beach front, well, yeah, the prices could be higher than that, if it's a short-term lease, and it's a decent property.

I just really don't want to see 1 story Mirror Park houses or random 1 bedroom apartments in Vespucci rented out for 10k+ a week.

There's no limit on rental prices though. Vespucci should be alright, since there's still property available there. But for Mirror Park, a house with a driveway? It'd be silly to ask for less really. Perhaps my estimations are off though.

Just now, Timzii said:

What will you do if your character is rather poor in-character and can't find rent for that cheap, as I can guarantee you no landlord is going to want that kind of money from a single property on weekly basis. This will only result in people not being able to find a property to stay at, let alone screwing full time landlords over big time. If you think 2-7k per week is a fair amount then you're hiighly mistaking, people had no problem before paying 350-600$ rent per paycheck, making the number from weekly rent 2-4 amounts higher than the one you've named. But now that they've got to pay out of their pocket it doesn't make sense, mainly because  certain people need the money to continue their own roleplay and can't afford the rent in the new way. 

Talk about yourself. YOU are here only for the money, and you lease out properties probably with no RP whatsoever etc. There are people who are here actually for the ROLEPLAY and will lease their properties out for such low amounts.. What you're saying is that if you invest 100k in a property, you should be able to make the whole sum back in less than a month? That's ridiculous.

I currently lease a BUSINESS out for 5k a week, you don't see me crying... I could've asked for a ridiculous amount as well, yet I didn't. I'm here to roleplay and to provide roleplay opportunities for others, not to grab their cash.

11 minutes ago, Cara said:

Are you saying that the way you have done '100% landlord RP' was to put a property up for /rent and just letting anyone and everyone rent there, or am I misunderstanding you?

I am not saying that. When I had 5 apartments, in March I took a break and opened rent on one motel room on Hawick. Since I was away and I didnt had emplyees I wanted to try it out. Then I checked into UCP every couple weeks and learned that this way didnt brought in as much money as my exclusive tenants in other apartments. It was a motel room, rented out for $90 dollars. 

12 minutes ago, Pogis said:

Talk about yourself. YOU are here only for the money, and you lease out properties probably with no RP whatsoever etc. There are people who are here actually for the ROLEPLAY and will lease their properties out for such low amounts.. What you're saying is that if you invest 100k in a property, you should be able to make the whole sum back in less than a month? That's ridiculous.

I currently lease a BUSINESS out for 5k a week, you don't see me crying... I could've asked for a ridiculous amount as well, yet I didn't. I'm here to roleplay and to provide roleplay opportunities for others, not to grab their cash.

Being a Landlord is not that easy as some people try to make it out to be. Tenants are so unstable, most of them dont even stay over a week. And ones who do are going inactive after some time. Its actually alot of work to place tenants, meet them, and make agreements. New system made it so much worse. Try to run 5, 7 or ten apartments. And then try to ask for weekly deposits.

okay yes, when you open rent on aparmtent someone will eventually bite. But those profits are nowhere near when you put the work in.

Edited by Clara Tusk
8 minutes ago, Pogis said:

I don't even roleplay as a landlord anyone so throwing assumptions at me is probably something you shouldn't do. When I've done it for only one property I've created a graphic design with all information included and posted it on the forums. The property got attention within an hour and the tenant was ready to lease the property afterwards for a term of four weeks. In those four weeks I haven't even made 10% of the money which the property was worth, so your assumptions that property can repay itself within a month is just hilarious and shows how misinformed you are in general. 

Previously $600 for rent on hourly basis wasn't deemed a lot for a house, but once you ask for $20,000 for weekly basis for the same house, which previously generated more money is suddenly unacceptable? You're honestly dilusional if you think the mindset you've got will get you anywhere with such thinking.

Just now, Timzii said:

I don't even roleplay as a landlord anyone so throwing assumptions at me is probably something you shouldn't do. When I've done it for only one property I've created a graphic design with all information included and posted it on the forums. The property got attention within an hour and the tenant was ready to lease the property afterwards for a term of four weeks. In those four weeks I haven't even made 10% of the money which the property was worth, so your assumptions that property can repay itself within a month is just hilarious and shows how misinformed you are in general. 

Previously $600 for rent on hourly basis wasn't deemed a lot for a house, but once you ask for $20,000 for weekly basis for the same house, which previously generated more money is suddenly unacceptable? You're honestly dilusional if you think the mindset you've got will get you anywhere with such thinking.

Its actually easyer to pay $200 dollars for 100 times than to pay $20 000 once.