New property changes discussion

Timzii

Just now, Clara Tusk said:

Its actually easyer to pay $200 dollars for 100 times than to pay $20 000 once.

That's the point of this very discussion, the previous system was more tenant friendly than it was now, I'm happy you get the point of it. 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Clara Tusk said:

I am not saying that. When I had 5 apartments, in March I took a break and opened rent on one motel room on Hawick. Since I was away and I didnt had emplyees I wanted to try it out. Then I checked into UCP every couple weeks and learned that this way didnt brought in as much money as my exclusive tenants in other apartments. It was a motel room, rented out for $90 dollars. 

I'm pretty sure you kicked one of my characters out of a free rent Pillbox apartment after I'd been offline for a week in July though. Could be mistaken. Only knew it was you because there was no interaction whatsoever at any point until the kick.

Edited by mj2002
6 minutes ago, Timzii said:

I don't even roleplay as a landlord anyone so throwing assumptions at me is probably something you shouldn't do. When I've done it for only one property I've created a graphic design with all information included and posted it on the forums. The property got attention within an hour and the tenant was ready to lease the property afterwards for a term of four weeks. In those four weeks I haven't even made 10% of the money which the property was worth, so your assumptions that property can repay itself within a month is just hilarious and shows how misinformed you are in general. 

Previously $600 for rent on hourly basis wasn't deemed a lot for a house, but once you ask for $20,000 for weekly basis for the same house, which previously generated more money is suddenly unacceptable? You're honestly dilusional if you think the mindset you've got will get you anywhere with such thinking.

Okay, I'm sorry, I thought you were roleplaying a landlord.

I still stick to my point, though. In the post I quoted you mentioned ''20k for weekly basis'', that doesn't sound too bad. In your first post you mentioned 40k, now that does sound bad for a weekly price for a Mirror Park house. 

In real life you don't pay your landlord on a daily basis, now do you? You pay a lump sum once a week/month, which is also what this system brings in. It also REQUIRES landlord attention, which I completely support. Landlords will actually have to put time in chasing people to get their cash, they can make arrangements to pay x amount every x days and so on, nobody has /ever/ said that you have to do weekly/monthly payments.. Hell, you can even ask them to /banktransfer them 600$ every hour if you wish to.

If you own more than TWO properties and you lease them out, then you being a landlord is a FULL-TIME job, honestly.

Edited by Pogis
1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

I'm pretty sure you kicked one of my characters out of a free rent Pillbox apartment after I'd been offline for a week in July though. Could be mistaken. Only knew it was you because there was no interaction whatsoever at any point until the kick.

Cant be me. I dont own any Pillbox Hill apts. I have one on San Andreas BLVD. But it has never been free. 

15 minutes ago, Pogis said:

Okay, I'm sorry, I thought you were roleplaying a landlord.

I still stick to my point, though. In the post I quoted you mentioned ''20k for weekly basis'', that doesn't sound too bad. In your first post you mentioned 40k, now that does sound bad for a weekly price for a Mirror Park house. 

In real life you don't pay your landlord on a daily basis, now do you? You pay a lump sum once a week/month, which is also what this system brings in. It also REQUIRES landlord attention, which I completely support. Landlords will actually have to put time in chasing people to get their cash, they can make arrangements to pay x amount every x days and so on, nobody has /ever/ said that you have to do weekly/monthly payments.. Hell, you can even ask them to /banktransfer them 600$ every hour if you wish to.

No problem,

In my first post $40,000 was the best week I've had, others being significantly worse than that one. Obviously the rent depended on tenants activity which isn't always the same per weekly basis. I always withdrew the money each sunday. 

In real life you mainly pay monthly, at least where I'm from, but you also get only one monthly paycheck in real life. This server in big capacity operates on hourly paychecks, meaning people get free money each payday which is $800, if it was only $800 each week that's be a valid point you'd have.Tenants were already hard to find previously, which made me realize how lucky I was with mine, but now it's going to be even harder as in the majority of tenants who rent can't afford a house, that's why they choose the alternative way of renting. 

15 minutes ago, Pogis said:

Landlords will actually have to put time in chasing people to get their cash, they can make arrangements to pay x amount every x days and so on, nobody has /ever/ said that you have to do weekly/monthly payments.. Hell, you can even ask them to /banktransfer them 600$ every hour if you wish to.

This isn't how it works in real life, I've discussed this with my great friend who works as a real estate agent. The system will only bring chaos to the landlord roleplay and demotivate people from doing it. As I've said before, the previous system was more landlord and tenant friendly than the current one.

Edited by Timzii
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Clara Tusk said:

Cant be me. I dont own any Pillbox Hill apts. I have one on San Andreas BLVD. But it has never been free. 

That's the one I meant. San Andreas Blvd. I rented it for 6 weeks or so, but perhaps it exchanged hands and you bought it somewhere in the last 2-3 months.

I imagined this new update to be totally different. If the problem is that people can leave open rent just stack money, maybe a fix would be something like.. You can rent when the owner is nearby. Or like a keyholder is nearby. And the rent would still come from paychecks.

The biggest problem with the update is the struggle to chase people down so that they’d make tranasactions and payments. 

Just now, Clara Tusk said:

I imagined this new update to be totally different. If the problem is that people can leave open rent just stack money, maybe a fix would be something like.. You can rent when the owner is nearby. Or like a keyholder is nearby. And the rent would still come from paychecks.

The biggest problem with the update is the struggle to chase people down so that they’d make tranasactions and payments. 

Have you read the original post? I totally agree that renting out without any effort should be prohibited, and that the owner should sent a renting offer to the found tenant privately each time, meaning the old renting system where you've done /setrentable to the public wouldn't work any longer. It's the new way of collecting rent which is the main issue in my eyes. 

Just now, Timzii said:

Have you read the original post? I totally agree that renting out without any effort should be prohibited, and that the owner should sent a renting offer to the found tenant privately each time, meaning the old renting system where you've done /setrentable to the public wouldn't work any longer. It's the new way of collecting rent which is the main issue in my eyes. 

Agreed.