UCP Turf Map

Just now, SiMo said:

Definitely not, turfs are IC and should stay IC.

I have great RP as The East Operation with turfs and this will only take it away.

how will it take it away lol? it’ll solidify your turf so random people can’t set up shop there 

Just now, PapaDoc said:

Oh my god bro lmao. 

Everytime we try to get something going for street gangs that us as gang roleplayers know we all need, there’s some mafia/civilian roleplayers stepping in and downplaying our suggestions. If you’re an admin looking at this thread, please look carefully at the responses and realize that the gang community roleplayers are all pretty much saying the same thing.

Gang turf maps are NEEDED by our community, whether or not there should be rules behind the maps? That’s up to you guys, but I really believe a turf map is necessary because in game there are literally 4-5 gangs setting up in one turf deathmatching each other. You want to know why? Because there is no turf map, it’s simple, gang rpers see a territory that’s taken and they

l just set up somewhere else. The gang roleplaying community is steadily growing with players and should be rewarded or at least tamed with a gang map. 

Half of the players on the topic screaming rule breaking aren’t even explaining how lmao. So you mean to tell me that if I look at houses on the UCP map that I can metagame that information in character? No. We’re quick to scream “heavy roleplay” but how is a turf map a deterrent to the heavy roleplay value of the server? Please take this suggestion into consideration. We have no graffiti system, no gang sign animations or anything of that nature. Could the gang community please finally have something that can represent itself serverwide? 

?

1 minute ago, ElDiablo said:

I would very dearly suggest that you read the whole topic before commenting like this in all friendly way. This is not a map to know faction locations but for a way to prevent unrealistic new faction spawning in said turfs. If I want to know where a street gang faction is, I just check their turf, which most of the times have the street name on the title.

This suggestion is to have validated turfs by FM which would be considered to exist in an official level. Rules of Engagement would be updated with turf regulations as to prevent certain unrealistic DM events to happen from brand new factions or "threadless" factions.

So you want admins involved when it comes to deciding who gets what turf? 

The least admin involvement the better. Why would this stop these "unrealistic DM events" from happening, why couldn't a faction come and contest that turf? Are they then expected to wait and see if the admin will allow them to take over said turf?

If they wipe out an entire faction, but because they're "new" the admin now isn't allowing them to take over that turf?

If there are 4-5 gangs setting up in the same turf as you claim, then that's an admin problem, and it should be looked into.

Edited by Jura
Just now, Jura said:

The least admin involvement the better. Why would this stop these "unrealistic DM events" from happening, why couldn't a faction come and contest that turf? Are they then expected to wait and see if the admin will allow them to take over said turf?

If they wipe out an entire faction, but because they're "new" the admin now isn't allowing them to take over that turf?

If there are 4-5 gangs setting up in the same turf as you claim, then that's an admin problem, and it should be looked into.

IFM.

Once again, clearly didn't read the suggestion in depth. I kindly encourage you to do so.

Once again, clearly didn't read the suggestion in depth. I kindly encourage you to do so. This is explained in other replies and debunks it.

It's considered an "IC" issue at that point.

Personally I'm tired of going back n forth, so unless people actually take time to fully read the suggestion I'm done with replying to their comments.

Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

IFM.

Once again, clearly didn't read the suggestion in depth. I kindly encourage you to do so.

Once again, clearly didn't read the suggestion in depth. I kindly encourage you to do so. This is explained in other replies and debunks it.

It's considered an "IC" issue at that point.

Personally I'm tired of going back n forth, so unless people actually take time to fully read the suggestion I'm done with replying to their comments.

eL7vMkc.png

That's your suggestion, I've read it. If you can't be arsed going into detail to explain YOUR suggestion, I can't be fucked reading through 8-9 pages with your buddies "debunking" valued reasons as to why it shouldn't be added.

Edited by Jura
16 minutes ago, Jura said:

This is where "hands-on" experience as an illegal RP'er would allow you to understand our concern. A faction can contest a turf alright, but they should be real validated factions of quality. Admins would only "validate" a turf for factions that have been roleplaying for some time, are active and have quality. Not just anyone would get a turf off the bat, we have said this in past replies.

Now, if two validated official factions that have all the requirements above, have their official turf added and are nearby of each other would like to they could try to contest each others turf and that's where ROE would be updated for. 

There has been cases where 3 or more people create characters and start beefing official long standing factions just for the hell of it, and they can disguise their intentions real well so it's hard to punish.

And as for factions who aren't really into DM or trolling but spawn next to an established one, it's unrealistic and it could be an admin issue indeed, therefore an official turf map could let everyone know, both players and admins, of what is going on.

Again, to have a turf added, factions should go through a list of requirements like activity time, a few months needed before the creation of their official turf, etc. 

This in no way means that the map will regulate IC events but it will regulate OOC non realistic events. 

Edited by ElDiablo
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Jura said:

eL7vMkc.png

That's your suggestion, I've read it. If you can't be arsed going into detail to explain YOUR suggestion, I can't be fucked reading through 8-9 pages. With your buddies "debunking" valued reasons as to why it shouldn't be added.

A lot of the people on this thread? I don't even know out of character or in character, so they aren't all my buddies. Several replies from me, Diablo, and countless others have debunked why this is needed.

Just now, Jura said:

eL7vMkc.png

That's your suggestion, I've read it. If you can't be arsed going into detail to explain YOUR suggestion, I can't be fucked reading through 8-9 pages with your buddies "debunking" valued reasons as to why it shouldn't be added.

I haven't seen your explanation on how can it be abused yet btw.