UCP Turf Map

Support, pretty sick of seeing unofficial factions starting in an official factions Territory, then using PF abused guns to drive them out and fuck up their whole thing. Make a website called “ls-gangs” or something like in map.gta.world, make it look like an actual gang turf map someone would throw together in google earth. Like so https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk&ll=33.83004937002578%2C-118.20606144819453&z=11

@Project-P If a faction goes inactive then they loose their official turf of course. As I said there should be requirements involved.

@eTaylor For starters I agree that IFM should have an official private Turf Map, that could work well.

Now, regarding the metagame thing? This is not a map to obtain information from and use IC, this is a map that will BACKUP  the IC events in an OOC way.

So OOC to IC? Metagame. IC to OOC? Not Metagame.

I will have to repeat again, anyone willing to metagame any sort of gang area can just look at their faction screenshots and this is not the case at all.

The Official Turf Maps consist of an OOC validation of a faction's lore & concept. Meaning that faction is officially represented in game as the faction is claiming so on the time being.

I hope I explained it well.

What that means, if a high quality and active faction claims X area and their lore is said to be on a certain way, when they earn their spot at the official turf map it would mean their IC claims are validated and in place. So that X area of the city is supposed to be roleplayed that way, like a Chinese hood, Hispanic, etc. 

Again, there should be regulations and requirements for it, but works.

Edited by ElDiablo

First of all turf maps irl. Yes they exist, for anyone with internet you can take a look at plenty of docus or read plenty of articles about gangs, what they do and where they usually are. But that's not the point. Point is, even if you may object with "There are many gangs in LA.:, yes there are, but they also belong to me bigger names right? It's not really Metagaming if you see a character wearing blue or red or throwing gang signs in a known gang turf. Yes many gangs lately are choosing the subtle approach, but that does not change the fact, that it is a known gang area where you are for example. Not to mention one important thing. Gangbangers are not clones, that you can replace easily, all of them are human, with human thinking, emotions, fears...

They know the fuck well that as soon as they start throwing signs on wrong turf, they may get lit, by some aspiring gang members.

Also gangs come and go and I think those which are roleplayed well and manage to survive? Those deserve a turf.

Just now, ElDiablo said:

For starters I agree that IFM should have an official private Turf, that could work well.

Now, regarding the metagame thing? This is not a map to obtain information from and use IC, this is a map that will BACKUP  the IC events in an OOC way.

So OOC to IC? Metagame. IC to OOC? Not Metagame.

I will have to repeat again, anyone willing to metagame any sort of gang area can just look at their faction screenshots and this is not the case at all.

The Official Turf Maps consist of an OOC validation of a faction's lore & concept. Meaning that faction is officially represented in game as the faction is claiming so on the time being.

I hope I explained it well.

A factions claim to an area isn’t and shouldn’t be dictated by some arbitrary map somebody has on a website that provides no credence. A gang doesn’t decide what people roleplay, where they roleplay and what they do. A gangs claim should be held realistically. The map is a metagame powerhouse because what you’re describing only works in a perfect utopia.

On paper the gang map provides oversight and claim security, perhaps it does under private maintenance by IFM against official factions. In reality a gang map is used to decide in-character affairs, this happened on pretty much any server I can think of that had one. Even the unofficial gang map on LSRP was heavily abused and metagamed. 

I have three chars. Two are heavily involved in illegal roleplay and I don't see a reason to have a turf map. As I stated above: Want to be boss of something? Be the boss ICly. Want people to respect you? Show your value ICly. This is not a MMORPG.

When there is a better system, such as graffiti, in place? Sure.

For now? I support the map. It'll prevent new factions from trying to hole up in established factions turf. And if said map is OOC information, and it's taken Ic? There's a rule against that, and the admins are swift to come down on people who break those rules. This isn't the lawless wild west. We've got systems in place and people to prevent the kind of thing you're worried about.

Support.

Just now, Darcin said:

When there is a better system, such as graffiti, in place? Sure.

For now? I support the map. It'll prevent new factions from trying to hole up in established factions turf. And if said map is OOC information, and it's taken Ic? There's a rule against that, and the admins are swift to come down on people who break those rules. This isn't the lawless wild west. We've got systems in place and people to prevent the kind of thing you're worried about.

Support.

Exactly. Plus as @ElDiablo said, if a MGer is going to MG they're going to check a faction's thread as it provides more detailed info than a turf map.

@joaoivis First of all this map is for street gangs not for mobs or crews without a turf. That's like, obviously?

@eTaylor And as for "forcing people to RP something". Ok, forget about the good factions lore and concept then, according to you. Well no, people in the server should RP an official validated concept of a neighborhood during a good faction's existence. Why? Because it's realistic. 

How can you call arbitrary something that has been built with effort in character for months?

ar·bi·trar·y
/ˈärbəˌtrerē/

adjective

1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Arbitrary is randomly spawning in places that realistically you wouldn't be able to, but yeah I agree that at least IFM should have a very updated one to avoid unrealistic events.

Edited by ElDiablo