UCP Turf Map

Just now, ElDiablo said:

I agree with what you said regarding the IFM thing about allowing two or more factions in the same exact area. They should pay a lot of attention to that indeed, and a private map could benefit.

Now, as @bidi bidi bom bom said, public or private is virtually the same, the MG argument is invalid as we have expressed so because this map would be for street gangs who in their threads post SS of their area, names, houses and whatever else already.

Hoping that those details are clear I will say, an IC turf expansion coming from a gang war is totally fine, as long as it was done between two validated factions. That's where the regulations and requirements regarding turfs would come in if implemented. It's similar to a Rules of Engagement thing.

Exactly. The same with a faction needing to be up for 1-2 or even 3 months before applying for turf, it's so IFM doesn't waste their time adding them to the map for no good reason.

Just now, ElDiablo said:

Can you explain why? Otherwise this is not a real opinion.

Do you lead a street gang?

What is the general need for it? All it promotes is metagame?

I shouldn't need to explain why this is a bad idea. And whether I lead a street gang or not, doesn't mean that I'm not entitled with an opinion on something that will be abused.

You wanna see who runs that turf, go in-game, ask around, don't rely on the UCP to provide you with that IC knowledge.

Edited by Jura
Just now, Jura said:

I shouldn't need to explain why this is a bad idea. And whether I lead a street gang or not, doesn't mean that I'm not entitled with an opinion on something that will be abused.

You wanna see who runs that turf, go in-game, ask around, don't rely on the UCP to provide you with that IC knowledge.

You clearly haven't read a lot of replies here, that completely debunk the "MG" theory. It's beginning to look like most of the people commenting on the MG theory, are all OOC friends who just don't want this added.

Just now, Jura said:

Could you be kind to explain on how can it be abused? When street gangs information are all over in their faction threads including location and WAY more info than the topic at hand?

Edited by ElDiablo
Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

You clearly haven't read a lot of replies here, that completely debunk the "MG" theory. It's beginning to look like most of the people commenting on the MG theory, are all OOC friends who just don't want this added.

What do you gain from knowing who runs what turf via OOC means?

Oh my god bro lmao. 

Everytime we try to get something going for street gangs that us as gang roleplayers know we all need, there’s some mafia/civilian roleplayers stepping in and downplaying our suggestions. If you’re an admin looking at this thread, please look carefully at the responses and realize that the gang community roleplayers are all pretty much saying the same thing.

Gang turf maps are NEEDED by our community, whether or not there should be rules behind the maps? That’s up to you guys, but I really believe a turf map is necessary because in game there are literally 4-5 gangs setting up in one turf deathmatching each other. You want to know why? Because there is no turf map, it’s simple, gang rpers see a territory that’s taken and they

l just set up somewhere else. The gang roleplaying community is steadily growing with players and should be rewarded or at least tamed with a gang map. 

Half of the players on the topic screaming rule breaking aren’t even explaining how lmao. So you mean to tell me that if I look at houses on the UCP map that I can metagame that information in character? No. We’re quick to scream “heavy roleplay” but how is a turf map a deterrent to the heavy roleplay value of the server? Please take this suggestion into consideration. We have no graffiti system, no gang sign animations or anything of that nature. Could the gang community please finally have something that can represent itself serverwide? 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
3 minutes ago, Jura said:

What do you gain from knowing who runs what turf via OOC means?

I would very dearly suggest that you read the whole topic before commenting like this in all friendly way. This is not a map to know faction locations but for a way to prevent unrealistic "new faction spawning" at said turfs. If I want to know where a street gang faction is, I just check their forum thread, which most of the times have their street name added on the forum title.

This suggestion is to have validated turfs by FM which would be considered to exist in an official level. Rules of Engagement would be updated with turf regulations as to prevent certain unrealistic DM events to happen from brand new factions or "threadless" factions.

Edited by ElDiablo