Server Rules: Questions and Answers

2 hours ago, Zach.. said:

If player 1 reports player 2, but in player 1's report he actually shows himself breaking rules, is the admin supposed to act on that or let it go? I've seen some admins say both.

Circumstantial, all depends on the situation type of thing. BUT - its not uncommon for them to also be in trouble.

52 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

Second question,

Say a staff member breaks an ingame rule (fear,DM, etc) and they are forum reported. Does that go under a player report or a staff report? Ive also seen it go both ways.

You can player report, but Staff Management will take the report. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

Circumstantial, all depends on the situation type of thing. BUT - its not uncommon for them to also be in trouble.

You can player report, but Staff Management will take the report. 

What happens if a player strongly believes he did nothing wrong (didn't metagame, powergame, non realism or whatever) but the admin decides he should be penalized?

Can the player accept the decision and wish to resume the action from which the rule was allegedly violated without further administrative sanction? Because in the end we don't all think alike, maybe the player really believed that he was not wrong.

15 minutes ago, Poetic Justice said:

What happens if a player strongly believes he did nothing wrong (didn't metagame, powergame, non realism or whatever) but the admin decides he should be penalized?

Can the player accept the decision and wish to resume the action from which the rule was allegedly violated without further administrative sanction? Because in the end we don't all think alike, maybe the player really believed that he was not wrong.

Well.. If you are wrong, your wrong. Players can always attempt to ask the handling admin to resume RP and or re-RP a situation. But with Forum Reports that's a bit difficult as sometimes they can take a few days to get handled. I personally when on a scene, will give people the chance to re-RP if they would like. But there is only so much we can do when a rule states specifically "don't do X" and they do X. I've had players literally tell me they could walk away without injury after smashing into a building doing 100MPH because they "saw it in real life once". It's circumstantial and depends on the situation. If that didn't answer your question, feel free to quote me again and Ill try to get a better answer for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.db38b232adb903e5f194a8d9bb4cf118.png

This  question was never answered by anybody on the staff team, I would like some clarification too because this rule seems extremely vague. Also I would appreciate if someone could give me examples of how one would be able to mug someone without breaking rules, other people have told me you have to park up a safe distance away from the victim and run on foot for the mugging, other people have told me you cannot use a vehicle at ALL. I just want clarification on this, so me or nobody else get's banned over an accident, thanks.

4 minutes ago, R3PZY_TTV said:

image.thumb.png.db38b232adb903e5f194a8d9bb4cf118.png

This  question was never answered by anybody on the staff team, I would like some clarification too because this rule seems extremely vague. Also I would appreciate if someone could give me examples of how one would be able to mug someone without breaking rules, other people have told me you have to park up a safe distance away from the victim and run on foot for the mugging, other people have told me you cannot use a vehicle at ALL. I just want clarification on this, so me or nobody else get's banned over an accident, thanks.

by far the dumbest rule ever added is that u cant use vehicles at all lol, makes mugging n robbin virtually impossible unless u set somebody up

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, ZaE said:

by far the dumbest rule ever added is that u cant use vehicles at all lol, makes mugging n robbin virtually impossible unless u set somebody up

Yeah I can understand why they implemented it but the rule within itself is literally stupid, damn near every mugging in america has a vehicle involved, especially in LA. I can literally pull up countless CCTV videos of people getting pulled up on and robbed at night out on Rodeo / Beverly Hills for their watch or other belongings. Guys will literally pull up right in front of you and hop out and take you out your shit and won't care. There is definitely other rules you can implement that would stop subpar robberies instead of just removing vehicles completely cause that obviously makes no sense, I could go into a few suggestions but there would be no point LOL

• Upvote 4