A Lack of Consideration

Queen

Time is the best teacher. I have, over the course of pretty much a decade, come to realize that it builds a lot of character and interesting scenarios if you build a character with plenty of flaws. E.g. a cop who can't fistfight to save his life (maybe literally). Sure, you'll have the new guys who are the toughest shit since Wakanda metal and can never take a loss under any circumstance because they've been an MMA fighter for 27 years and a Navy SEAL for 34, but somehow gang bang. Or "the streets" have made them unbeatable. 

So when they're faced with a situation where loss is inevitable, they may become agitated towards the opposing player with nasty shit like (( SwagDickson said: lol ????? pg much ??? )). Just report the people and, if they're serious about roleplay, they'll eventually learn their lesson. Changing a person's mind over /b will likely not work. And calling them out for being a dick will have equal success. 

• Upvote 1

I have similar incidents where I am at my car lot alone, speaking to clients and I have people who wait longer because I am dealing with a customer that came before them and they either leave or worse get a bit hostile and then leave. Some people lack patience because some things may take longer than expected. Hence we have the common courtesy rules in place.

12 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I have similar incidents where I am at my car lot alone, speaking to clients and I have people who wait longer because I am dealing with a customer that came before them and they either leave or worse get a bit hostile and then leave. Some people lack patience because some things may take longer than expected. Hence we have the common courtesy rules in place.

That’s just describing retail in general though 

5 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Yeah this part of roleplaying a service bugs me too, my IC choices (dealing with a client first before engaging with another) shouldn’t result in OOC hostility, but it happens from time to time as if I insulted them by not making the world revolve around them.

As mentioned by another user on the previous page, this relates to the people who complain about the response time of FD and PD being 15 or so minutes, not being considerate of the fact they may have interrupted another roleplay scenario which needs to be wrapped up.

2 hours ago, Law said:

Yeah this part of roleplaying a service bugs me too, my IC choices (dealing with a client first before engaging with another) shouldn’t result in OOC hostility, but it happens from time to time as if I insulted them by not making the world revolve around them.

As mentioned by another user on the previous page, this relates to the people who complain about the response time of FD and PD being 15 or so minutes, not being considerate of the fact they may have interrupted another roleplay scenario which needs to be wrapped up.

We had a situation where we had a severely injured person we called, you see a cruiser from PD and an FD vehicle jujst drive past and not even stop. In such a case yes we'll blast (verbally in ooc, cause dude you see a fucking mva, stop! but no, there's a chase that's more important) them.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

We had a situation where we had a severely injured person we called, you see a cruiser from PD and an FD vehicle jujst drive past and not even stop. In such a case yes we'll blast (verbally in ooc, cause dude you see a fucking mva, stop! but no, there's a chase that's more important) them.

That’s the problem though, you’re OOC’ly deciding to flame them over an IC decision and/or oversight. 

14 minutes ago, my_g said:

Still no need to take an ic situation ooc

+1  

People aren't perfect.  they can miss it, they can lag out, they can have higher priority tasks assigned to them, it can be the middle of the night and they need to finish a scene and log off.  We can be mad privately as much as we want, we're not perfect, but we can still leave ic in ic.