Script the Arcadius Job Center

mj2002

14 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

I don't think this is a solution as a business owner. This would kill the incentive to go to my business because of such appealing pay this place offers. I'd say we find a better option.

This is perhaps not the best position to assume, if only because in previous discussions you have suggested your total employee roster to consist of... twenty people total, yes? Other businesses cannot yield entirely to your preferences of how you operate.

Your situation seems like an irregular one, and would need some further elaboration to better account for. Are you unable to receive government assistance? If not, why not? 

Other businesses can be impacted, as a previous poster has pointed out that this would be in direct competition to their own, but without cost. That is entirely a reasonable issue, and one that requires considering...

...but your own position is a little more unusual and hard to understand. Please explain, so that your concerns can be better addressed.

Edited by DasFroggy
7 hours ago, Juicebox. said:

Orrrrr players could jump into consultations and business solutions. My character and his friend are currently working on one, basically where you help make a business financially more stable, give them business tips, and when they need employees we would be the middle man who finds them employees. 

If we were to take off and then this gets implemented, itd hinder the idea we had in mind

This concept is intended to mainly serve to connect new players and characters to existing businesses, as the job center is on the tutorial route. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, Busch said:

I don't think this is a solution as a business owner. This would kill the incentive to go to my business because of such appealing pay this place offers. I'd say we find a better option.

People can already have a 4K shift at 24/7 and gas stations, or even the trucker job. People who enjoy roleplaying a bartender or a waiter will still roleplay it even if they can make money somewhere else. 

This suggestion is great, it'd allow people to roleplay passive office work, interviews, secretarial duties, business meetings, while still getting a realistic pay for their roleplay.

I heavily support this. And adding it onto the tutorial route adds immediate roleplay for new players, plus a helpful point in the right direction.

A lot of new players immediately jump into discord and say "how do I make money". I think this will help encourage a new mindset, plus answer many questions we see in the discord on a day to day basis.

My only concern is adding it to the tutorial route if there's no active players working that job. I'm sure there's a way to get around this, perhaps the tutorial will have to "skip" this step and offer a helpful prompt instead if no-one is working there.

"Employment opportunities can be found everywhere, but for additional support, find the Arcadius Job Center with the "X" icon on the map and you'll find something that suits you!".

4 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

My only concern is adding it to the tutorial route if there's no active players working that job. I'm sure there's a way to get around this, perhaps the tutorial will have to "skip" this step and offer a helpful prompt instead if no-one is working there.

The tutorial already leads to the job center. If there's no-one there, they won't really notice anything different from what is there now.

What we plan as the Department of Labor to do is create a database of what we call "seasonal workers" Pretty much it is all those one-two time jobs, but they can be more than just working once or twice in a business. So we pull list of businesses ( registered with the City ) and list of people looking for work. ( Have them fill out survey with their credentials ) Then we pair them up with businesses who specify what job openings they have.

I do need staff for this. So this opens space to office rp with bit of a forum work. Anyone interested. Message me.

Edited by Strategist47