Elections

Rensai

The current city government is defunct themselves, facts. They aren't active ICly or OOCly, and when they login they do it to shut down fun and creative business ideas.

On 4th of July, I applied for a business registration, which stated I would rent out Jetski's on-the-go from Vespucci. This was approved by the Licensing Department. The application stated that, and that I did not have a leased / owned building at the area. It was accepted. When I later talk with Marcus Cambridge and Robert Strenge of Financial or Licensing or w/e they are (I really dont care at this point), they claimed I am forbidden to use any beaches, docks or waters (because it all falls under ''public domain'') to conduct my business on.

So I registred a Jetski rental with an accepted business registration, but I am prohibited any access to literally the ocean.

They would refer to the City Charter Chapter 2 Section 5, but this only talks about alienating. Alienating =/= conducting business on. I am not taking any soil away, I do not claim it as mine, I do not deny access to anything. Then I was told I'd need a special events permit, but I wouldn't qualify because I'd need one every day < keep that thought.

On the 5th of July I opened again, having full confidence after reviewing the city charter with three different lawyers. Freye Hill soon turned up, asking for a ride on a Jetski and a receipt of payment. Then Marcus Cambridge and Robert Strenge showed up, claiming I am performing a violation of the Business Code instead; unlicensed activity! I wouldnt have a permit to operate on the beach because I'd need a special events permit. Then later in the conversation, that claim was dropped, stating I simply didnt have a license to operate on the beach while there is no specific license for beach operations, just like there is no seperate license for operating a grocery store. And the business code violation of Unlicensed Activity does not actively state that this would be considered unlicensed activity; given there is no license for beach operations, nor is there proper legislation about beach business conduct anywhere. When asked where I could find such legislature both IC and OOC, Cambridge and Strenge straight out failed to provide where to find this legislation.

I agree with @liafriuli. @ashlyii and @Alexandra_Forge. The current City Government only excists to shoot down fun and creative idea's of new roleplay that would actively give the area a boost in general activity. @ashlyii can agree that the beach area became a lot more active ever since the introduction of the jetski rental, and even the Fire Department tried to get licensing off my back (I say FD as a whole, as literally Freddy Mellet responded to the scene to intervene, you're the best ❤️ ).

This comes honoustly very close to corruption, which is a huge downturn to have in such high up positions. You should be ashamed of yourselves! I have been approached a lot of times by various players that I should highlight this to Faction Management, and trust me I had my tauntrums in the PM's of Cambridge, Rockford and Strenge, because this is unacceptable. Yet, I have the patience to still pursue IC channels to get this working. Do not think that I wont walk OOC channels if I am eventually forced to. I can, and I will.

Government needs to get their house in order, what kind of a government are you if you dont respond to the ongoing riots? You're a joke in that matter, and you know this is true. you arent laying the groundwork for elections, you just say that to keep us happy. Guess what, your city is BURNING, and it is your own fault! YOU neglected your duties, YOU are neglecting the CITY, and YOU made the riots and the general dislike towards your government mafia OOCly and ICly is YOUR fault!

Get your house in order, or your civillians will find someone who can.

The department heads in my experience are actually nice, I've seen plans coming from Finance, Public Work & Social Services. About political parties I heard the first attempt was a failure because all parties were portrayed poorly except for the one by @Justitiae. The Conservative Party was the only party engaging with the public unlike the Democrats & Republicans.

EDIT: And this isn't to bash those other parties, it's just that the Conservatives were the only ones from what I've seen go around and interact with business owners, etc and had political drama. I saw /ads from the Democrats but there was little to no interaction with civilians.

Edited by QueenOfPizza
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, QueenOfPizza said:

The department heads in my experience are actually nice, I've seen plans coming from Finance, Public Work & Social Services. About political parties I heard the first attempt was a failure because all parties were portrayed poorly except for the one by @Justitiae. The Conservative Party was the only party engaging with the public unlike the Democrats & Republicans.

You totally have a wrong idea - Republicans met with business owners, made public talks (Out of Towners), meeting with unions, et cetera. Conservative Party sent each other money from alt characters, planted pistols/narcotics in closed businesses what their opponents owned - why did the faction got shut down, what ya think.

Edited by Tsarna
17 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

1. On 4th of July, I applied for a business registration, which stated I would rent out Jetski's on-the-go from Vespucci. This was approved by the Licensing Department. The application stated that, and that I did not have a leased / owned building at the area. 

2. So I registred a Jetski rental with an accepted business registration, but I am prohibited any access to literally the ocean.

3. Then Marcus Cambridge and Robert Strenge showed up, claiming I am performing a violation of the Business Code instead; unlicensed activity! I wouldnt have a permit to operate on the beach because I'd need a special events permit. Then later in the conversation, that claim was dropped, stating I simply didnt have a license to operate on the beach while there is no specific license for beach operations, just like there is no seperate license for operating a grocery store. 

4. You should be ashamed of yourselves! I have been approached a lot of times by various players that I should highlight this to Faction Management, and trust me I had my tauntrums in the PM's of Cambridge, Rockford and Strenge, because this is unacceptable. 

34YAKki.png

I'm sorry, is it just me or do I see a ''yes'' to the question if you own/hold/rent the property?

2. You were never prohibited any access to the ocean, I've told you that several times.

§ 2. UNLICENSED BUSINESS ACTIVITY — (a) Any business or individual that conducts a regulated economic activity in the absence of a legally required and valid license or permit to conduct such activity shall be liable for a civil fine of ten thousand dollars ($ 10.000,00) and/or a cease and desist order until such business has successfully acquired the necessary license(s) or permit(s).

(b) Any business or representative thereof repeatedly committing the offense as outlined in paragraph (a) of this section within a time period of less than or equal to one (1) month shall be liable for a (permanent) cease and desist order.

"Any business or individual that conducts a regulated economic activity in the absence of a legally required and valid license or permit to conduct such activity"

Sure, there are no licenses to operate a grocery store, nor there are licenses to operate a maritime rental business. However, the grocery stores are actually leased/owned buildings by their owners, not like they're conducting business on public domain.

4. As I said, you can always go through the legal FM for this. And yeah, you had your tantrums in the PM's with me and Robert, which we really don't appreciate. You took an IC situation completely OOC and threw OOC insults at us.

Not going to post here anymore, just don't appreciate being trashtalked when the person trashtalking is lying for some unknown reason, and takes IC matters completely OOC.

Edited by Pogis
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 2
4 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

You totally have a wrong idea - Republicans met with business owners, made public talks (Out of Towners), meeting with unions, et cetera. Conservative Party sent each other money from alt characters, planted pistols/narcotics in closed businesses what their opponents owned - why did the faction got shut down, what ya think.

Where is the proof? I haven't heard of this so I can't say. Either way they were portrayed realistically, looking at their thread. I heard Republicans switched leaders three times, there was little to no consistency. Even if the Conservatives were doing such things, future parties should take a page out of their book when it comes to developing political characters.

Edited by QueenOfPizza

Heres the thing; I put 102 Alta Street as POSTAL ADDRESS. Which is /WHERE/ I do /OWN/ property. But NO, you guys choose to overlook this.

You didnt even mention it! And if you come with the idiot response ''uh, but it isnt done from Property Management''; NO WHERE STATES I NEED IT FROM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, NOR DOES IT STATE ANYWHERE THE PROPERTY NEEDS TO BE AT MY AREA OF OPERATIONS.

City government is a fucking joke, including you guys.

Sure, I can get access to the ocean if my customers come to a business adress for payment and then get the keys at said adress, who then should make it by their own to the said jetski's who must be parked at a cornered tucked away pier where we arent even allowed to perform business conduct (which by the way, includes cleaning and maintenance!)

Do you know how fucking stupid and ridiculous that sounds? You people are horrible faction leaders and the ongoing riots and the jetski situation only prove it. It has come to the point where I am legit thinking of quitting (which is why I got furious in your PM's), as EACH TIME I THINK OF SOMETHING FUN AND CREATIVE, THE MOST DEFUNCTIONAL FACTION SHUTS IT DOWN.

Go do some real jobs with your faction. @Pogis

Fucking amazing work too on ignoring the rest of my entire reply. Typical government.

The spark has been lit with these riots, and the fire will only spread untill there is nothing left but to call elections.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
18 minutes ago, QueenOfPizza said:

9 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

I was not in the conservative party... I am the one who planted dope in your business, and I DID make a campaign donation on a character that had absolutely no connection to anything and was not even warned on that matter... 

Abby Underwood enticed Justiate to allow my endorsement of his party, in which I represented THAT labor union and my less than legal political operation (which had nothing to do with me running for elections) was all orchestrated to push my union in power..

You and everyone else assumed that they encouraged it when in fact it was going to happen regardless... anyone who knew that character knows what I did and who I did it with.... It was 100% correct portrayal on my part... Justiate had nothing to do with it.

Justiate and his friend were the only ones to actually collaborate on that level.

Once again.. I was not in any political party and I... ME... set you up for a multitude of reasons and it was very thoroughly read, and successful too wasn't it?

Edited by Alexandra_Forge
Just now, QueenOfPizza said:

Where is the proof? I haven't heard of this so I can't say. Either way they were portrayed realistically, looking at their thread. I heard Republicans switched leaders three times, there was little to no consistency. Even if the Conservatives were doing such things, future parties should take a page out of their book.

Proof? Yeah, that is why we changed leaders in Republicans - because they did it to me. Used their own government employee to do a license "inspection" - where one of the original Conservative Party leaders (who was pushed away from that D´Israeli power-hungry...) came  with alt and planted a gun/narco into my Davis Smoke store. And how they used scare tactics for people to join their "union". It was a total power-hungry party, which does not exist nowadays, that is why it got shut down - they overdid everything.

Just now, Alexandra_Forge said:

I was not in the conservative party... I am the one who planted dope in your business, and I DID make a campaign donation on a character that had absolutely no connection to anything and was not even warned on that matter... 

Abby Underwood enticed Justiate to allow my endorsement of his party, in which I represented THAT labor union and my less than legal political operation (which had nothing to do with me running for elections) was all orchestrated to push my union in power..

Justiate and his friend were the only ones to actually collaborate on that level.

Once again.. I was not in any political party and I... ME... set you up for a multitude of reasons and it was very thoroughly read, and successful too wasn't it?

1) You made a big donation with one character.
2) You went to them with another character.
Done.