Having radios accessible to everyone ig

NBA

Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of the job they're in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of their job?

• Accessible to everyone
    • Only to people who would realistically carry them such as EMT, LSPD, LSFD, Security Guards, etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Almost every large retail store, restaurant, bar and general establishment ever of any kind.

I've worked in  retail store and restaurant I didn't have a radio, I'll tell you who had radios though the managers of departments. And the people who work in the back of the store where all the loads of new goods were being unloaded. Starbucks employees dont have radios, just saying.

Edited by NBA

I think the radio system should be catered for in terms of improving the functionality, being able to have an in-game item. However, I don't use one, and for the rare occasion that I do want to use one, an example being a long distance hiking session where the phone signal would be weak, I don't want to go through admins or some permission-based process.

Just now, NBA said:

I've worked in  retail store and restaurant I didn't have a radio, I'll you who had radios those the managers of departments. And the people who work in the back of the store where all the loads of new goods were being unloaded. Starbucks employees dont have radios, just saying.

Incredibly anecdotal and moot. Your point is that radios don’t exist in retail because you personally didn’t see them and because Starbucks doesn’t have them. How do you think people communicate in large stores, yelling across the isles? How does a worker communicate with anyone if only the manager has a radio? 

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/solutions/retail.html

Just now, eTaylor said:

Incredibly anecdotal and moot. Your point is that radios don’t exist in retail because you personally didn’t see them and because Starbucks doesn’t have them. How do you think people communicate in large stores, yelling across the isles? How does a worker communicate with anyone if only the manager has a radio? 

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/solutions/retail.html

Read what I said lmao, managers would have radios, sure if you're in home depot or lowes, not sure if that's in europe but here home depot or lowes you'll have employees with radios, because the store is massive with Appliances, Bath, Kitchen, Tools, Hardware, Storage, Patio, Garden, Lighting, Fans, Electrical, Plumbing, Paint, Flooring, Decor, and More. maybe walmart employees have radio but idk i dont shop there.

Just because you people don't use radios to communicate with the dude one cubical over at your office job doesn't make in unrealistic to use in several other occupations. 

I'm a mechanic, the shop I work at also has a big yard attached to it, if someone is going to work in the yard, they take a radio with them. Our parts drivers all carry radios to know if they need to make an extra stop or two on their way back. 

When I worked in a large department store, all employees were to carry a radio at all times. 

Some middle management bosses and foremen carry radios with them so they can quickly communicate with their workers in the field.  

The two main reasons why most of these people use radios rather than cell phones is 
1. It's cheaper and easier to provide radios instead of cell phones to employees.
2. In most places it is illegal to talk on the phone while driving, however radio usage is permitted. 

Just now, Kaxo said:

Just because you people don't use radios to communicate with the dude one cubical over at your office job doesn't make in unrealistic to use in several other occupations. 

I'm a mechanic, the shop I work at also has a big yard attached to it, if someone is going to work in the yard, they take a radio with them. Our parts drivers all carry radios to know if they need to make an extra stop or two on their way back. 

When I worked in a large department store, all employees were to carry a radio at all times. 

Some middle management bosses and foremen carry radios with them so they can quickly communicate with their workers in the field.  

The two main reasons why most of these people use radios rather than cell phones is 
1. It's cheaper and easier to provide radios instead of cell phones to employees.
2. In most places it is illegal to talk on the phone while driving, however radio usage is permitted. 

ETC in the poll stands for anything else that would have radios realistically like a mechanic shop, so yeah

Just now, NBA said:

Read what I said lmao, managers would have radios, sure if you're in home depot or lowes, not sure if that's in europe but here home depot or lowes you'll have employees with radios, because the store is massive with Appliances, Bath, Kitchen, Tools, Hardware, Storage, Patio, Garden, Lighting, Fans, Electrical, Plumbing, Paint, Flooring, Decor, and More. maybe walmart employees have radio but idk i dont shop there.

Yes managers would have radios, and so do the workers. What would be the point of managers having radios if no one else does? 

Just now, NBA said:

ETC in the poll stands for anything else that would have radios realistically like a mechanic shop, so yeah

The point is there is nothing stopping anyone from using a radio IRL. 

They are very useful tools in many different circumstances, to lock it behind some sort of "application" or "Admin approval" process would be silly. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Yes managers would have radios, and so do the workers. What would be the point of managers having radios if no one else does? 

Do you guys know what ETC means in the polls bro? It stands for etcetera - used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included. 

Okay, so you post this twice and I have to ask.
What is that you're trying to protect here? What is in danger?

Poor portrayal? Report them.

Blatants abuse of the radio? Report them.

Non-rp usage? Report them. 
You don't like them? Don't use them.

• Bash locked this topic
  • Bash unlocked this topic