Having radios accessible to everyone ig

NBA

Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of the job they're in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of their job?

• Accessible to everyone
    • Only to people who would realistically carry them such as EMT, LSPD, LSFD, Security Guards, etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Kaxo said:

If you seen someone using a radio inside a club you could probably just report them, I'm quite sure it would get dealt with. 

That seems unrealistic to me, but not because they are using a radio, because they wouldn't be able to hear anything coming from it and even if they had an ear piece there is no way anyone on the other end would be able to decipher what they are saying through the noise pollution created by said club. 

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/solutions/retail.html

Just now, eTaylor said:

You’d be surprised, I use radios both at work and privately and although that’s anecdotal the only reason gangbangers use radios is because it serves as a group chat that is never compromised and there are no negative connotations to having one. Making them uninteresting to operate for criminal purposes would self-enforce the issue. Radios are used in crime, it’s not unrealistic. Not as a group chat though, you have to draw the line somewhere. 

What? Gangbangers uses radio, where? Seriously where? Not here in US my dude. 

Just now, NBA said:

I recommend you take a minute to calm down and stop being so agitated as you’re not even able to read the entirety of the post in your tantrum.

Just now, Kaxo said:

Not sure why you're quoting me and posting a link to the leading radio manufacturer, I agree with you that radio usage is far more common than people on here seem to believe. 

Because you can definitely use radio communications in clubs and bars. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

I recommend you take a minute to calm down and stop being so agitated as you’re not even able to read the entirety of the post in your tantrum.

Dude I'm pretty calm you're saying it's okay for gangbangers to have radios and radios are used in crimes? Stop getting your info from movies you see on netflix, and I'm pretty sure there's no movie in the world that shows gangbangers using radios, tf?

Just now, NBA said:

I don't see where he said gangbangers, he said they are used in crime. 

People doing organized heists will often use them to coordinate together since unless you are on their frequency there is no evidence of that communication taking place, no "paper trail" if you will. 

Just now, NBA said:

Dude I'm pretty calm you're saying it's okay for gangbangers to have radios and radios are used in crimes? Stop getting your info from movies you see on netflix, and I'm pretty sure there's no movie in the world that shows gangbangers using radios, tf?

I haven’t said that anywhere, your entitlement is indicative of you just reading what you want to hear. I stated that the only reason gangbangers use radios is because it serves as a group chat that can’t be compromised with no negative consequences. Making it so that it’s uninteresting for criminal parties to do so would resolve that issue, one non intrusive and aggressive addition would be to add group chats on phones. To state that radios in real life aren’t used for crime is factually untrue.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Because you can definitely use radio communications in clubs and bars. 

I didn't say it's impossible, though a club goer using one on the dance floor, in close proximity to the speaker system would certainly create so much noise pollution it would be hard to EFFECTIVELY use one. 

Edited by Kaxo
Typo
Just now, Kaxo said:

I don't see where he said gangbangers, he said they are used in crime. 

People doing organized heists will often use them to coordinate together since unless you are on their frequency there is no evidence of that communication taking place, no "paper trail" if you will. 

5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You’d be surprised, I use radios both at work and privately and although that’s anecdotal the only reason gangbangers use radios is because it serves as a group chat that is never compromised and there are no negative connotations to having one. Making them uninteresting to operate for criminal purposes would self-enforce the issue. Radios are used in crime, it’s not unrealistic. Not as a group chat though, you have to draw the line somewhere. 

• Bash locked this topic
  • Bash unlocked this topic