Having radios accessible to everyone ig

NBA

Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of the job they're in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of their job?

• Accessible to everyone
    • Only to people who would realistically carry them such as EMT, LSPD, LSFD, Security Guards, etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Kaxo said:

The point is there is nothing stopping anyone from using a radio IRL. 

They are very useful tools in many different circumstances, to lock it behind some sort of "application" or "Admin approval" process would be silly. 

the point is how many civilians do you see walking with their little walkie talkie in today's society? I'll wait, actually none? That's why we have phones.

Just now, Kaxo said:

The point is there is nothing stopping anyone from using a radio IRL. 

They are very useful tools in many different circumstances, to lock it behind some sort of "application" or "Admin approval" process would be silly. 

And having it set to admin approval makes it subjective to that administrators personal bubble. If the admin isn’t exposed to the reality of modern communication solutions in businesses then they would likely deny you your radio for that purpose you previously posted. 

22 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Administrators shouldn’t be involved with every facet of functioning either. Why would administrators want to be burdened with radio approvals anyway? The current criminal structures are build around phones, and that is likely to remain as such even with radios and quality enforcement. I’m sure you’re reminiscing on LSRP and it’s gang radios, giving radios the same disadvantages they have IRL would easily solve those problems.

We've hit a deadlock then.

You keep it the way it is and the poor usage of radios will continue. It's not an forum thread that's going to stop them. Surely players who abuse them could be reported but isn't it best to prevent damage from happening in the first place and avoid the burden of administrators having to deal with reports of such kind when they could just control who they give it away to initially? Sounds like a more proactive system in my eyes.

Admins won't be burdened with radio approvals either. Certainly if this gets added, the first week they might, but that's just because a new system just got implemented. They won't in the long term once the majority of the radio distribution through the right people is settled. It's not like these radio requests will come in every minute or two.

I'm not reminiscing on LSRP at all, if I'm being honest I've played 10 hours there at best, so I really have no idea how the radio system works there. Regardless, it's not just about criminals using radios. It's broadened to a much larger proportion of the community who use them unrealistically. Who even uses radios to chit-chat with their friends nowadays? Who even carries radios with them when you're off work, unless you need to because your job requires you to? I swear I could go outside right now and find nobody carrying any radios, yet, if I go outside on here, almost everyone uses radios. That makes no sense.

Edited by Shaderz
Just now, Gambler said:

Okay, so you post this twice and I have to ask.
What is that you're trying to protect here? What is in danger?

Poor portrayal? Report them.

Blatants abuse of the radio? Report them.

Non-rp usage? Report them. 
You don't like them? Don't use them.

Clearly I know where your point stands.  You're most likely the type to also be like /r Guys, I just saw this funniest epic shit ever dudes!, ?

Just now, Kaxo said:

Honestly, in my 500+ hours on the server I can't recall ever seeing anyone use a radio lol

Wow, in my 60+ hours I see it all the time at random spots, mainly at clubs though. So yeah...

Just now, NBA said:

Clearly I know where your point stands.  You're most likely the type to also be like /r Guys, I just saw this funniest epic shit ever dudes!, ?

No. On the contrary. I agree with you that people do not RP them properly. And to be completely honest with you I don't even use radios, walkies or idk.
But you seem pretty agitated, and pretty invested in this. Two topic only for this. Polls every time. Fast replies. Even non-factual replies that prove nothing but that you have taken this to a personal level.

If you seen someone using a radio inside a club you could probably just report them, I'm quite sure it would get dealt with. 

That seems unrealistic to me, but not because they are using a radio, because they wouldn't be able to hear anything coming from it and even if they had an ear piece there is no way anyone on the other end would be able to decipher what they are saying through the noise pollution created by said club. 

Just now, Shaderz said:

We've hit a deadlock then.

You keep it the way it is and the poor usage of radios will continue. It's not an forum thread that's going to stop them. Surely players who abuse them could be reported but isn't it best to prevent damage from happening in the first place and avoid the burden of administrators having to deal with reports of such kind when they could just control who they give it away to initially? Sounds like a more proactive system in my eyes.

Admins won't be burdened with radio approvals either. Certainly if this gets added, the first week they might, but that's just because a new system just got implemented. They won't in the long term once the majority of the radio distribution through the right people is settled. It's not like these radio requests will come in every minute or two.

I'm not reminiscing on LSRP at all, if I'm being honest I've played 10 hours there at best, so I really have no idea how the radio system works there. Regardless, it's not just about criminals using radios. It's broadened to a much larger proportion of the community who use them unrealistically. Who even uses radios to chit-chat with their friends nowadays? Who even carries radios with them when you're off work, unless it's for job related purposes? 

You’d be surprised, I use radios both at work and privately and although that’s anecdotal the only reason gangbangers use radios is because it serves as a group chat that is never compromised and there are no negative connotations to having one. Making them uninteresting to operate for criminal purposes would self-enforce the issue. Radios are used in crime, it’s not unrealistic. Not as a group chat though, you have to draw the line somewhere. 

Just now, Gambler said:

No. On the contrary. I agree with you that people do not RP them properly. And to be completely honest with you I don't even use radios, walkies or idk.
But you seem pretty agitated, and pretty invested in this. Two topic only for this. Polls every time. Fast replies. Even non-factual replies that prove nothing but that you have taken this to a personal level.

I'm not agitated I'm actually calm. I'm just tired of seeing people abusing radios that's all.

• Bash locked this topic
  • Bash unlocked this topic