Using radios as a group chat on your phone

NBA

Using radios as a group chat on your phone  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How would you guys prefer to use the radio command?

• Rp sending a text message on the group chat on your phone and then use the /r command. (More realistic approach in today's society)
    • Rp holding a radio 24/7 on you and speak on the radio like it's the 80's or some shit, walking with your walkie talkie as a civilian. (Nobody carries walkie-talkies in today's society)

This poll is closed to new votes

A radio is a radio. A phone is a phone. You can make a Facebrowser group chat and do that stuff there. You assume there's people who'll "role-play" sending texts although barely anybody (this extends to characters who would realistically have an use a radio) actually role-play keying up or even being busy with their radio to begin with. 

The poll is nonsense and using /r in general unless you're doing it to role-play it as a radio is conducive to a subpar standard of role-play.

I was told through asking multiple Admins, that the radio command is for a physical radio, like a CB radio in a truck or a van. Walkie talkie's I think are sufficient as well. Anything outside of that, until Admins say otherwise, is against the rules and should be reported.

10 hours ago, Shekh said:

wtf kind of poll is this ur basically forcing ur opinion down ppls throats with that poll

you dont got answer the poll or nobody gotta answer the poll if they feel that way.

8 hours ago, Chief said:

I was told through asking multiple Admins, that the radio command is for a physical radio, like a CB radio in a truck or a van. Walkie talkie's I think are sufficient as well. Anything outside of that, until Admins say otherwise, is against the rules and should be reported.

Yeah, you right. I was given a radio channel, you'll never see my character use it, because why would my character carry a radio on him 24/7, especially at club as a customer, like you see most players do lol, fuck that.  

I can't believe that players on a server like this still seem make use of these radio's. Even if the radio is being used phyisically, it's unrealistic for everyone to walk around with walkie-talkie or radio whilst being a normal citizen. 

It should be removed and solely be used by PD/FD and security firms. If not, players without a valid reason should be punished accordingly.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Whatwasit said:

I can't believe that players on a server like this still seem make use of these radio's. Even if the radio is being used phyisically, it's unrealistic for everyone to walk around with walkie-talkie or radio whilst being a normal citizen. 

It should be removed and solely be used by PD/FD and security firms. If not, players without a valid reason should be punished accordingly.

? agree

No it's getting kinda annoying how people in factions try lock out features script-wise from other players.

A radio is just a tool, its electronic equipment. It should be made in a actual item, but not restricted.

Boafeng's are radios with frequency hopping in them, literally anyone can buy them.

Also there exist text over radio, you can easily send texts over a radio.

Also radio's should have a certain range.

There can be a whole radio system implemented imo.

Basestations = extend range 10km on a frequency

Radio (scanner included) = Range up to 3km

Edited by Webb
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Webb said:

No it's getting kinda annoying how people in factions try lock out features script-wise from other players.

A radio is just a tool, its electronic equipment. It should be made in a actual item, but not restricted.

Boafeng's are radios with frequency hopping in them, literally anyone can buy them.

Also there exist text over radio, you can easily send texts over a radio.

As far i know, you need a license to use a boafeng. 

Anyway I saw a lot of players using the radio like a video call or something like that, embarrassing and not up to the server standards. 

• Bash locked this topic