Join Existing Factions

Ted

6 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I beg to differ, don't know how existing factions treat this process, but last time I remember hanging around a faction for two months before even being included in some of their operations. If it's so hard and takes long time, why do we have issues with factions not being roleplayed properly then? 

That sounds like either a poor faction or you possibly weren't getting involved enough/standing out enough. 

I got ran over by a dude and ended up working for him for a while slinging pretty much right away because we met in those weird circumstances and our interactions stood out. He took my character under his shoulder. 

Edited by Kassandra
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

In fairness, I don't feel like legal faction are struggling in the same way? I mean, please do speak up if you think otherwise ofc.

They are not struggling in the same way, yea.

In my opinion, legal factions reflect the variety of the legal roleplay opportunities of the server. I don't really get involved in illegal roleplay so I won't comment on the illegal faction side. From what I've seen, our server is banking on the night-life roleplay or similar leisure roleplay side.

5 minutes ago, TheBaldMan said:

It's not as easy as you think. When people are fairly new to the server, none of this factions will take them in as they fear they might be a problem to their faction, such as breaking the rules and most of them intend to take in only the players with experience, and this new players who are eager to join the illegal life will find one way or another to join this criminal lifestyle... with nobody taking them in they're left with the option to begin something on their own and in the end of they day they still get destroyed by this official factions giving them no chance at all to continue their journey.

Not really. I don't think Faction Management takes it against the faction if some guy who's been in the faction for 1 day gets banned.

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

That sounds like either a poor faction or you possibly weren't getting involved enough/standing out enough. 

I got ran over by a dude and ended up working for him for a while slinging pretty much right away because we met in those weird circumstances and our interactions stood out. He took my character under his shoulder. 

Yeah this depends solely on chance I'd say cause normally you are introduced to a gang or organized crime through a soldier ie someone who works for them on street level, you start as hangaround with that particular group from the gang. The rest is process. Gaining trust etc etc.

So we just had this huge thread less then a week ago where overwhelmingly the community and members of staff agreed we need to start pushing players towards joining faction instead of making them. 

My question is, why do we have a faction with three threads (The Philly Connection, Vespucci Sports and the new Teamsters)? I'm using these guys as an example but there are other as well. Does the business section on the forums mean nothing anymore? Why are we giving every idea it's own faction thread? Yeah sure, the people who have been playing here for awhile know what are ACTUAL factions and what are not. But to a new player looking in, about 1/3 of all the faction options on the server aren't actual factions. It feels either like false advertising or faction RP on the server is kinda dead.

I know this sounds like an extremely petty thing to be annoyed about, but this is a slippery slope. The more of these double and triple threads that are accepted, the more watered down the faction forums become and the more other players will point at these extremely niche and unnecessary faction threads and go "If they can make X, why can't I make Y??".

It's just going to create more headaches then it's worth.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Henning said:

So we just had this huge thread less then a week ago where overwhelmingly the community and members of staff agreed we need to start pushing players towards joining faction instead of making them. 

My question is, why do we have a faction with three threads (The Philly Connection, Vespucci Sports and the new Teamsters)? I'm using these guys as an example but there are other as well. Does the business section on the forums mean nothing anymore? Why are we giving every idea it's own faction thread? Yeah sure, the people who have been playing here for awhile know what are ACTUAL factions and what are not. But to a new player looking in, about 1/3 of all the faction options on the server aren't actual factions. It feels either like false advertising or faction RP on the server is kinda dead.

I know this sounds like an extremely petty thing to be annoyed about, but this is a slippery slope. The more of these double and triple threads that are accepted, the more watered down the faction forums become and the more other players will point at these extremely niche and unnecessary faction threads and go "If they can make X, why can't I make Y??".

It's just going to create more headaches then it's worth.

Yeah, I agree. The business section should be used.

I'm not really against people their own factions as there are more factors than just 'We already have one of this so why make another' but when you're nearing the double digits of number of MCs, that's taking the piss a little

Maybe if new factions developed themselves on the server a bit more prior to applying for a thread, we'd see an increase in quality as they'd then have at least a little experience in the field they're trying to emulate?

Another thing I think preventing this happening naturally is the fact that factions are often RP'd as being something that (at least the higher ups / founders chars) have been in before they were made - As such, it's hard to cement your character in the world before getting the page, which wouldnt surprise me if it results in premature faction pages being posted. I don't really have a solution for this, it's more of just an observation