Easily and accurately creating your character in Menyoo + Installing server mods to singleplayer

• 2 weeks later...

This is great. Any chance you think you can figure out how to reverse engineer this? Sort of translating Menyoo values to GTAW. There's a known fact jaw/chin values are swapped between pluses and minuses so nothing's as clear cut as it should be (0.10 being 10 etc).

Just now, liq said:

This is great. Any chance you think you can figure out how to reverse engineer this? Sort of translating Menyoo values to GTAW. There's a known fact jaw/chin values are swapped between pluses and minuses so nothing's as clear cut as it should be (0.10 being 10 etc).

It should be relatively easy. It's just reversing the numbers. I haven't noticed any of the values being swapped between plus and minuses honestly, if that's actually how it is I'll need to make some changes (which should be relatively easy). How I have the script right now, numbers are converted from GTAW to Menyoo by multiplying them by 0.01, so going from Menyoo to GTAW would just be multiplying by 100. If certain values are flipped, then it's just multiplying by -100/-0.01 instead. I'll do some testing and maybe update the script if some values need to be flipped.

I'm just wondering if there's any way to either copy off of an xml file to get a list of the accurate values for GTAW. I usually make new characters in Menyoo before trying them out IG so doing the vice-versa is more painful without a tool.

13 minutes ago, liq said:

I'm just wondering if there's any way to either copy off of an xml file to get a list of the accurate values for GTAW. I usually make new characters in Menyoo before trying them out IG so doing the vice-versa is more painful without a tool.

The .xml's that are generated with my tool are annotated. They'll show what numbers equal what on GTAW's character creator. If numbers are inverted though, then you'd have to invert them ingame too.

This xml specifically is old, but still annotated correctly. mawbr.png

edit: oh no it looks like the new character creator uses different names, these are the names from the ucp though, you might have to guess what equals what and double check on the ucp to see if you did it right for now

Edited by Codac
1 hour ago, liq said:

I'm just curious, where did you get this fact from? I spent the last hour or so in-game, manually adding values to the annotated .xml. Everything lined up perfectly fine. No values needed to be changed at all to get to get the same results. Anything that's positive on the GTAW UCP lines up perfectly fine being positive in Menyoo. The only issue I noticed was I had actually messed up and reversed jawline horizontal and vertical (I'm surprised it took this long for someone to figure it out tbh). 

Also fun fact, the lines in /surgery are in the same order as Menyoo's .xml. That was useful in figuring out my notes. https://pastebin.com/AGR0DkMc

edit because i don't feel like triple posting: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtqo7nqu3hy5g1x/Menyoo Character Creator v2.3.zip?dl=0 updated program, fixed jawline vertical and horizontal being reversed.

Edited by Codac
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Bombie pinned this topic