Easily and accurately creating your character in Menyoo + Installing server mods to singleplayer

18 minutes ago, Codac said:

Came home for a bit and managed to figure it out relatively easily. Using the points

menyoo = gtaw

1 = 100
0 = 50
-1 = 0

gives the equation menyoo = 0.02(gtaw) – 1. Threw that into the program and tested it, with my characters I didn't really notice much of a change however some people might. Program in the original has been updated, please let me know if making your character looks better or worse @Zayyy.

Just tested it. Just make sure to keep the blend between 0/100 on GTAW. The face creation on GTAW only allows the value between to 100.

So, if your character blend mix is between 1/100 - You're good to go, it'd look 100% same as your GTAW character.

BUT! If your character blend is -40 (in neg value) in Menyoo? You are screwed on GTAW. (That's for the people who make their characters in Menyoo before they make them on GTAW)

Other then that? The program works great.

Edited by Zayyy
1 minute ago, Zayyy said:

Just tested it. Just make sure to keep the blend between 0/100 on GTAW. The face creation on GTAW only allows the value between to 100.

So, if your character blend mix is between 1/100 - You're good to go, it'd look 100% same as your GTAW character.

BUT! If your character blend is -40 (in neg value) in Menyoo? You are screwed on GTAW. (That's for the people who make their characters in Menyoo before they make them on GTAW)

Other then that? The program works great.

Are you saying that GTAW is simply not using half of the applicable parent blends, period?

Just now, Marksman said:

Are you saying that GTAW is simply not using half of the applicable parent blends, period?

Looks like that. I tested it on gtaw. For some reasons, blend mix only goes from 0 to 100, but in menyoo? it's a new case. It goes from -100 to 100.

Just now, Marksman said:

GTAW does use the full range of parent blends. However, in GTAW, going 100% to one side is 0 / 100 while 100% to one side in Menyoo is -1 / 1. It's possible to convert from Menyoo to GTAW, but would need a different equation from what I wrote above.

Technically the GTAW character creator may be less accurate than Menyoo, but if you have a -1.0 blend in Menyoo then that is a 0 blend in GTAW. 

Edited by Codac
adding another sentence
  • 1 month later...

@Codac

Never had issues getting the character to look right up until now. I've done 3 characters with the Menyoo character program to convert from UCP settings to Menyoo and all have worked perfectly. Nearly identical from GTAW to Menyoo. This recent character just doesn't look right. Blending seems completely off. What am I doing wrong with this one? Have values changed since the GTA/Scripthook update or something?

https://imgur.com/a/YaOkxkB

Edited by Teddy Broosevelt
On 9/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, Teddy Broosevelt said:

@Codac

Never had issues getting the character to look right up until now. I've done 3 characters with the Menyoo character program to convert from UCP settings to Menyoo and all have worked perfectly. Nearly identical from GTAW to Menyoo. This recent character just doesn't look right. Blending seems completely off. What am I doing wrong with this one? Have values changed since the GTA/Scripthook update or something?

https://imgur.com/a/YaOkxkB

Send me the .xml of your character and I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. Been busy with work.