New criminal activity suggestions

Brox

50 minutes ago, Brox said:

potentially allowing criminals or civilians alike to be able to get licenses illegally including driving, flying, pf and ccw. There would need to be a very limited amount of these in circulation

How would this work? It's one thing to make a fake ID and another to introduce it into the government's database.

100% It would be nice to give factions an avenue to branch out and the support to do it, the exact implementation details would come later down the line. Given that knives aren't illegal anymore I do not see a reason they couldn't be more readily available, however that would ultimately be the FM teams call.

44 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

How would this work? It's one thing to make a fake ID and another to introduce it into the government's database.

Well I suppose it wouldn’t be on the database would it? They’d have the licence but as soon as somebody ran the numbers they’d figure out it was bullshit, but they could purchase things with it and at a glance without proper investigation it would seem legit but like real life any true investigation would smell a rat.

Fairly sure admins can issue licenses from a script perspective.

Edited by Brox
1 hour ago, Brox said:

Yeah, could be hard to manage, but IFM could potentially delegate certain roles to certain people. It's not for me to say or suggest what IFM should or shouldn't do, but I think it's entirely doable. They have a good team with really knowledgeable people and in order for new features they could always expand the team.

No doubt man, im exited for this if it gets implemented, gonna open up alot of new opportunities.

Dark web system is impossible to put in place properly, even your text shows how impossible it would be to manage.

We already have fraud on case by case basis, and we pay them through their RP from it.

Fake IDs are something we are considering, knives i'll discuss it with the team.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

We'll probably need IDs to become actual items in our inventory, something which I wanted to suggested a while ago but it didn't seem needed, until now! We could have each character pick up his ID from the LSPD, and when somebody examines the ID, it'll have all sorts of information (name, gender...) If you do lose your ID, I guess you could report it and ask for another one. A fake ID would seem legit if you examine it but if you run it through the police MDC, you'll figure out it's fake.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Dark web system is impossible to put in place properly, even your text shows how impossible it would be to manage.

We already have fraud on case by case basis, and we pay them through their RP from it.

Fake IDs are something we are considering, knives i'll discuss it with the team.

You don't need a dark web system, it's just a platform. Similar to Facebrowser but relatively untraceable by law enforcement. An online illegal marketplace. 

Supporting this heavily. I agree with knives specifically. I'm not in favor of the current knife system, you'll have to jack about 2 cars to craft a single knife as a metallurgist, on average. Realistically, you could make 300+ knives out of a single car. It's very intensive and creates a huge gap in the market for non-suppliers, knives shouldn't be as scarce as it is. This applies to lock-picks and knuckle dusters as well, they rely on the car jacking system and is extremely intensive.

Edited by Gall