New criminal activity suggestions

Brox

10 hours ago, Groz said:

Which is a really good idea in theory, but then it becomes a matter of FM or whomever would be in charge of handling the service having to take the time out and pass along the info of every single person deemed unfit to the police, and them having to follow up on each individual.

If it's widely accessible to every single person, it can create an issue of too much work needing to be done from those two sides. That being said, I'm sure there are ways we can make it more efficient while creating less stress and work for the staff team and PD, but my smol brain can't work anything out right now. Would be cool to hear @Brox's input on things.

It would be much better to have the dark web thing in-game. We could have access to it through phones and computers. By accessing the dark web through these mediums, something similar to the police MDC would pop up, where you would find different anonymous advertisement and you can advertise anything you want. We could set up some restrictions and risks for the users to be caught by the police. We could, for example, have a VPN system that users would rely on to hide their identity. Using a VPN would cost you a certain amount of money per minute but will have some risk of being caught by PD by tracing your location or phone number and IP address which could be associated with your name or home address respectively. For example:

Level 4: 5% risk of PD tracing your location. 50$/minute. 

Level 3: 10% risk of PD tracing your location. 40$/minute

Level 2: 15% risk of PD tracing your location, 5% finding out your phone number/IP address 20$/minute.

Level 1: 20% risk of PD tracing your location, 10% finding out your phone number/IP address. 10$/minute.

There is no risk-free option because doing illegal activities online is very risky, and if you don't want to take the risk, you can stick to the streets.

A new division within the LSPD (Cybercrimes Unit) could be responsible for tracking down dark web users. IP/home addresses could result in a warranted search of the property and arrest of the user if proven guilty.

I don't know man, I just woke up and I'm trying to brainstorm, I'm gonna go grab a coffee but anyway, these are just some ideas.

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

It would be much better to have the dark web thing in-game. We could have access to it through phones and computers. By accessing the dark web through these mediums, something similar to the police MDC would pop up, where you would find different anonymous advertisement and you can advertise anything you want. We could set up some restrictions and risks for the users to be caught by the police. We could, for example, have a VPN system that users would rely on to hide their identity. Using a VPN would cost you a certain amount of money per minute but will have some risk of being caught by PD by tracing your location or phone number and IP address which could be associated with your name or home address respectively. For example:

Level 4: 5% risk of PD tracing your location. 50$/minute. 

Level 3: 10% risk of PD tracing your location. 40$/minute

Level 2: 15% risk of PD tracing your location, 5% finding out your phone number/IP address 20$/minute.

Level 1: 20% risk of PD tracing your location, 10% finding out your phone number/IP address. 10$/minute.

There is no risk-free option because doing illegal activities online is very risky, and if you don't want to take the risk, you can stick to the streets.

A new division within the LSPD (Cybercrimes Unit) could be responsible for tracking down dark web users. IP/home addresses could result in a warranted search of the property and arrest of the user if proven guilty.

I don't know man, I just woke up and I'm trying to brainstorm, I'm gonna go grab a coffee but anyway, these are just some ideas.

I think that's a really well thought out suggestion, but it would mean a hell of a lot of work to implement, which isn't something that totally rules it out of course, however something more simple and forum based could be a nice temporary solution, even something as simple as dark web sub forum within the internet that you are only given access to if you can provide illegal FM with screenshots of proper and realistic roleplay in game accessing it. As to how the police could potentially make busts through it, I'm drawing a blank on that one but would love some people more knowledgeable in cyber crime to weigh in with an opinion. All in all, law enforcement definitely do have a presence on the dark web, it's undeniable, but equally it's really quite common in this day and age to be able to access and trade through the dark web or share illegal data.

It definitely needs some thought, but I still maintain it would be really cool to see more modern criminality explored given that cyber crime really is the big thing of this century. It's something different for illegal rpers, and some new and interesting roleplay for LE.

Thanks to everybody who weighed in so far, it's definitely been an interesting discussion. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is very much needed. It's very well known that criminal RP is very rarely accommodated to and is extremely hard to excel in in terms of making enough money. 

The fraud concept you suggested with the application process and the FM point of contact really caught my attention, more so than the other suggestions (which were also very good). This would be a great opportunity for illegal organizations to engage in more immersive roleplay. Enabling properly RP'd criminal schemes will only result in a domino effect of engaging many other groups, individuals and factions into these cumulative roleplay scenarios. As mentioned by OP, the law enforcement can get involved through whatever means, observing and trying to bust down these people committing fraud.

Heavily support this suggestion.

Wouldn't this ruin the drug business tho? I mean, there'd be fucking ads all over the place of "selling drugs super cheap call / sms", everyone gets connected real easy, and there'd be drugs all over the place, which would mean drug prices would start to fall, idk this is my opinion. If someone sees a bigger picture for this, please enlighten me.