Poor performance - RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

pateuvasiliu

42 minutes ago, Alexandra_Forge said:

GTA 5 is horrible on systems

No? It's really not, it's one of the best optimised games on the market, I'm running a R5 2600, RX 570, 16gb, works perfectly fine and my temps are normal. You got some cooling issues, my dude. 

8 hours ago, Alexandra_Forge said:

GTA 5 is horrible on systems.... I am on a pretty solid streaming rig... Asus ROG Hero Crosshair VIII board, Ryzen 7 3800x, and a 2070 Super fed by 64 gigs of corsair platinum vengence ram...

If I leave GTA up, not only so my FPS become subpar, but my temps reach 150-160 F without any clocking what so ever... these are FULL CPU load temps, not /left gta tabbed all day afk/ temps..

Funny thing is it started like.. 3 days ago.. my gaming room literally was smoking hot.

I can run SP maxed at 90+ FPS just fine. Rage is the issue.

@Tennplugg Flawless.. I pull like.. 150 FPS in everything I play... Yet GTA is always 10FPS behind, and, as I said, the only time I have temp issues is if I get off GTA drunk, and literally leave it going,  come back 15+ hours later...… And my gaming room is like 80 degrees from the 150+ GPU temp..... Yet if I do this on any other game, from COD, Arma 3, Tarkov, I have 0 issues.

Here is a cap of my FPS while having a 2-3 hour old session on GTAV/RAGE/GTAW 

Hgg1tJ8.png

Since you said cooling issue, you had be worried... This is an expensive rig ? I bought 2 new Corsair fans and added them in a ghetto way...…..

6yceyOo.jpg

Threw one inside facing the GPU RAM, as well as an addition laid on top to pass more air infront of the 3 case fans.....

BTW.. That is a JUUL E Cigerette if anyone notices.... It keeps my big as card from sagging ?

Spoilder for my setup:

7pFEhJg.jpg

Edited by Alexandra_Forge
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to mods and lighting effects. On the topic of poor performance, welcome to GTA V MP mods, they're not as optimized as GTA V is and as such cause performance loss. Rage is also a helluva lot better compared to the old GTMP client we used to run for this and even then it's still terrible. So basically heat management + RAGE = less performance.

I say heat management because I changed some fans a week ago and my frames now run over 100 FPS on Rage instead of 60 FPS.

Edited by Syrike
  • Bash locked this topic