Tackling System

CloutToken

100% support this, this is so much more realistic than only using tasers. Especially being from UK I always see the police tackle people rather than taze people, I don't know how easy this would be to script like (I'm no scripter).

I've seen this be implemented on servers on SAMP and it got abused at first when that got added so they would 100% need to create rules around using the tackle etc. Don't just run and tackle someone while they're shooting/aiming directly at you (PG/Fear RP) and punishments when broken. 

I don't see any down-side of this, other than it could be difficult to script obviously.

Also: Just realised you were suggesting it for all players, I don't think this should be given to players that aren't an LEO. This would cause more problems for everyone, people would 100% abuse this and forum complaints will go sky high. This command would be great for LEO's only. 

Edited by Jake Volkoff
1 hour ago, Jake Volkoff said:

100% support this, this is so much more realistic than only using tasers. Especially being from UK I always see the police tackle people rather than taze people, I don't know how easy this would be to script like (I'm no scripter).

I've seen this be implemented on servers on SAMP and it got abused at first when that got added so they would 100% need to create rules around using the tackle etc. Don't just run and tackle someone while they're shooting/aiming directly at you (PG/Fear RP) and punishments when broken. 

I don't see any down-side of this, other than it could be difficult to script obviously.

Also: Just realised you were suggesting it for all players, I don't think this should be given to players that aren't an LEO. This would cause more problems for everyone, people would 100% abuse this and forum complaints will go sky high. This command would be great for LEO's only. 

Honestly, when I suggested this, it was with LEO roleplayers in mind. To make it fair, I decided to clarify that it should be accessible for everyone. If abuse is something that is going to be seen as a problem and bound to happen, and it ends up being restricted to LEO roleplayers, then so be it. It's just tedious and difficult having to type out a /me while running to tackle a suspect on this wonky client. Perhaps a possible solution to prevent abuse is to have a system implemented that requires you to have an X amount of hours, say at least 50 (exemption for LEOs) before you could use the command.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, CloutToken said:

Honestly, when I suggested this, it was with LEO roleplayers in mind. To make it fair, I decided to clarify that it should be accessible for everyone. If abuse is something that is going to be seen as a problem and bound to happen, and it ends up being restricted to LEO roleplayers, then so be it. It's just tedious and difficult having to type out a /me while running to tackle a suspect on this wonky client. Perhaps a possible solution to prevent abuse is to have a system implemented that requires you to have an X amount of hours, say at least 50 (exemption for LEOs) before you could use the command.

LEO's have as much potential to break rules as any other player, if not more since this would be something new so it would be easier and more likely to be abused, so it shouldn't even be considered to make it only LEO.

7 minutes ago, Shekh said:

LEO's have as much potential to break rules as any other player, if not more since this would be something new so it would be easier and more likely to be abused, so it shouldn't even be considered to make it only LEO.

Anything can be abused though. Cars? Anyone can get one and ram people with them without a valid reason. Guns? You can shoot someone without a valid reason. I mean, everyone has fists, right? That can be abused just as much as a tackle script can. Taser abuse would undoubtedly be more paramount than tackling, considering you can shoot from a pretty far distance.

Can you explain why you think LEOs would abuse the tackling script?

Edited by CloutToken

Surely this would reduce the chances of foot pursuits being abused? Right now all we need to do is get our taser out and you’re done. With this you’d need to actually tackle the suspect which means being up close and personal (which I do anyway since I don’t use tasers)

Definitely something that everyone would benefit from. 

Tasers are ultimately unfair and outdated in terms of approach and mindset to law enforcement roleplay. As stated above, this script would allow fair foot chases to happen as you'd actually have to breath down on someone's neck in order to bring them to the ground instead of having to either taze them ,which gives no room for roleplay essentially, or to stop, type an emote, and hope that the other party roleplays being tackled.

This would honestly be a real gamechanger and a step in the right direction and as such should definitely be looked at and considered by the development team.

8 hours ago, khaled said:

That's a shoddy excuse to use to shut down a suggestion. There are already a plethora amount of features that are currently susceptible to abuse by the player base, features that are on the server. For example, /fixrevive allows you to revive yourself with the need for admin approval, all based on an honor system. You can also teleport your vehicle to your current location with the use of one command, also, without the need for administration approval. Tell me how a tackle feature would be any different? Any new features are susceptible to abuse, minor or major. That shouldn't be used to deny a suggestion. Obviously, if such a thing were to be added, I assume the consequences for abuse would be very strict in order to prevent abuse from players.

Also yes, LEO roleplayers have the potential to break rules just like any other player. But, LEO roleplayers are watched under microscopes for the majority of the time. Not only are they watched by administrators, but they're also watched by senior members of the faction. LEO roleplayers are trusted with certain commands because they have to go through a long and dreadful vetting process (Application → Interview → Academy/Exam → Probationary Period). If an LEO roleplayer was to abuse the trust that they are given by the server, I assume they'd be dealt with harsher punishments than if a normal player was to do such a thing considering they're meant to be an example to the entirety of the server. I'm not saying completely restrict it to LEO roleplayers, as I completely agree it should be allowed for the entirety of the server as long as harsh consequences are to be dealt out if abuse was to occur.

All this suggestion does is allow for more realistic and fair chases to happen. Tasers are very susceptible to failing whether that's due to it being caught on clothing or simply not even reaching. I've said this before and I'll say it again, this will be a good solution to the OP sole solution of using tasers to terminate foot pursuits.

I'm not shutting down the suggestion I already said I support it. I just don't think it should be exclusive to LEO's. They're just like any other faction, they're not some gods that are immune break rules, thats all im saying. If it was added, it should be for everyone.

It would just be weird if you can't tackle someone when you're chasing them, but every LEO can do it to you. That just gives them power over everyone else more than the power they already have over everyone. 

Edited by Shekh

I feel like this should be implemented....yes, I agree that this was sort of abused on LS-RP since it was allowed for everyone but that is why this community is not a reflection of LS-RP or attempting to become a second LS-RP. Afterall yes, it doesn't make sense for a 5-foot officer to tackle you to the ground, but you can always try to roleplay your way out of the tackle. When the command is used successfully on you, it doesn't mean that you have to now roleplay the officer overpowering you and placing you into handcuffs without a problem, you can now create more roleplay by /me resisting the officer and creating more hands-on techniques and more roleplay in that area. At the end of the day, if you feel like the officer or person that tackled you is power-gaming their character to become super strong you can report them for this.  I am currently inside of the LSPD and I would love this to become implemented so we can sort of move on from tasers and beanbags being used in pursuits as I see them being very overpowered in the foot pursuit stopping, but we are forced to use them since there is no other way to stop the person. Somebody might say that /me tackles the individual can be used, but that it really not viable if the person is sprinting off and you don't have the time to roleplay it, and most people won't since they see the officer standing still like twenty meters behind them. As long as the sync is fixed and there are proper rules behind it, I really don't see a problem. 

• 9 months later...