Trespassing versus Metagaming

40 minutes ago, deanbell said:

There is an IC way to receive authorization from the government to host events on public property, that being the Special Event Permit (SEP); link here: https://gov.gta.world/node/95 Regarding the yacht, and other unique locations; I am not entirely sure if that is actually public property or not, recently I asked about the yacht and was told it was not public property. @Westen

That's interesting, who did you ask?

I would be surprised if the Yacht is public property, I don't know any yacht in any type of world which is considered public property and where people can just go do and do their thing. If anything, it should be leased to groups or to organizations that create events and go from there. If we are talking about Pacific Bluffs being the beach area and the boulevard, yeah, that should be considered public property.

Even though it can be leased, it should still be considered private property for the time the person who leases it has it. He can set up his own rules and regulations what he wants and not. 

• Upvote 1

The yacht is technically owned by the Property Management team, in which we allow leasing it for special events. 

We also regulate the use of specific properties such as the "Playboy Mansion" and such for the same purpose, as @Rybyn mentioned.
Keep in mind, this is for events. I personally won't go around hunting down people for simply hanging out at a location ingame. 

Pacific Bluffs has been a bit of a different case as it was previously used by the Events team (which no longer is a thing), but it will now fall under the same category as the previous mentioned properties.

If you have any questions regarding any of said properties or anything else that you think might fall under the same restrictions, feel free to message me on the forums.