The player's responsibility to provide evidence? A standard among admins for handling reports

Everybody breaks rules no matter how minor or major at one point in time. If an admin wants to make your day miserable then they can literally punish you for anything and claim it's a rulebreak because it is. The smallest joke or /fixvehing your car could always be considered "abusing in game commands to benefit oneself" or "deliberately trolling" or some other shit you can think of.

The thing with rules, reports etc. is they're meant to be in good spirit of the game. If you clearly commit so many rulebreaks that you make players spend their time writing reports on you then you're more than likely to get regulated than somebody else who made an honest mistake.

The bottom line is you could be yeeted for anything, at any point, for any reason if you really want to think about it. The actual practice is live and let live because if you don't bother nobody with whatever you do (be it rulebreak in this case) then in 99.99% cases, nobody's tripping about it.

The problem this server has is: people are deliberately walking around the administrative handbook by giving half assed answers, making half assed role-play screenshots talking to themselves to avoid people seeing them crashing out or doing one thing but then feigning ignorance and being a whole victim when they get reported—what I'm describing is malice. If you're deliberately malicious then you're more than likely to get punished unlike the average player. 

On 3/16/2024 at 11:13 PM, Tony White said:

admins are always checking logs to ban players so I don't see why they shouldn't check logs to assist in reports

This is facts, considering every single thing you do on GTAW is logged. Every comma you put in chat down to the point where any level 2 admin can take a picture of your own screen if they wanted (and laughably there's 3rd party software to try to go around that).

The thing about it is that admins need to preserve the spirit of the game, if you let it up to the players and what players report then you'd have nobody on the server anymore as it always seem to go in an eye for an eye kind of situation. End of day we're all playing the same game despite whatever differences you might have with one another.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 9
On 3/17/2024 at 1:23 AM, ClaudeSpeed said:

its the same with rpqm reports, they ask you for the evidence while its nearly impossible to obtain solid evidence of the accused players sometimes.
No evidence = report closed

You may be overthinking this a little bit. You yourself have a reasonable suspicion that someone's roleplay quality is awful, right? Otherwise you wouldn't be considering to make a report to begin with. Whatever lead you to the conclusion that the roleplay is substandard, you can submit as evidence. Take some screenshots of whatever convinced you yourself, go to the UCP and copy some chat logs that you witnessed, record a video if you're in a position to do so, and then submit that as evidence. They're not asking you to present a foolproof case that could withstand scrutiny in a court of law. They just need to have a good reason to spend time on investigating it.

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, Frisella said:

I've always wondered this. I'd be fucked in a report because everybody else seems to record the game 24/7 and I don't even know how to do it.

Noted

• Upvote 1
On 3/17/2024 at 12:00 PM, liq said:

any level 2 admin can take a picture of your own screen if they wanted

hypothetically speaking if someone (not me) was tabbed out watching videos in which the all male cast were performing certain activities (again not me) would this apply………….

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

hypothetically speaking if someone (not me) was tabbed out watching videos in which the all male cast were performing certain activities (again not me) would this apply………….

💀

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, mj2002 said:

You may be overthinking this a little bit. You yourself have a reasonable suspicion that someone's roleplay quality is awful, right? Otherwise you wouldn't be considering to make a report to begin with. Whatever lead you to the conclusion that the roleplay is substandard, you can submit as evidence. Take some screenshots of whatever convinced you yourself, go to the UCP and copy some chat logs that you witnessed, record a video if you're in a position to do so, and then submit that as evidence. They're not asking you to present a foolproof case that could withstand scrutiny in a court of law. They just need to have a good reason to spend time on investigating it.

"Evidence that is nearly impossible to obtain" 

Obviously chatlogs are easy to obtain

• 1 month later...

I feel like, especially with bigger reports such as RPQM and Faction Reports it should ultimately be up to the admin (IFM, LFM and RPQM or whomever) to pick up the slack. Yeah sure, as a player reporting someone with one of these serious reports, I should be able to articulate my arguments with evidence but I also shouldn't be taking screenshots, videos and incriminating evidence of every interactions I have with a certain player or group of players. I feel like after a certain amount of people say "Hey faction X is doing this and it sucks!" it should be expected that IFM/LFM or whomever, be it not necessarily a faction, do some follow-up.

Then again, sure, admins aren't here to police the server and are not all-seeing, they cant monitor 1000 people at once, the split of how reports are handled, especially the two I mentioned above should be split evenly, or a 60/40 deal. 

Most people like me will end up not reporting a certain behavior because we can't be assed documenting every single interaction with a player or group of players, only to wait a couple weeks or months only to be told yeah no there's nothing wrong here you didn't provide enough evidence. It's frustrating. 

• Upvote 1