Remove fines from guilty pleas

I just saw somebody arrested for possession of a controlled substance for one gram of cocaine and they got fined $16,000 on a guilty plea. Two hours in prison - I think that's frankly ridiculous. The rule needs to be changed IMO so that if you plea guilty, you're not subject to the financial penalty of the charge, only the prison time - this'll also encourage guilty pleas and maybe help JSA with the backlog, even if by a very small amount.

Edited by CYCOSOCIAL
  • Upvote 2
  • CYCOSOCIAL changed the title to Remove fines from guilty pleas

Fines are just part of the sentencing for committing a crime and shouldn't be removed. Just like committing a crime in real life you get possible jail time along with a monetary fine for the crime. Removing the fines will only encourage more crimes to be committed as players won't really see a financial bad side to their actions and, with how lenient jail times are for a guilty plea, it's needed.

On a side note, the maximum fine for Possession of a Controlled Substance is $4,500 and that's for a Class A narcotic, the $16,000 total must have been in combination with whatever else they had done.

Edited by Cacksii
  • Upvote 2

Every arrest I've had in the past 4 months has been a guilty plea, and none of them have been for a small charge like possession. Guilty pleas already have benefits, they don't need another massive one I don't think. 

this is all a ploy for him to fill his profits!! Notice how he’s the WARDEN for the SAN ANDREAS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS?? ofc he wants you to plead guilty to feed the industrial prison complex, wake up sheeple!!!

-1 !

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 2