Should we remove auto-bail for felonies?

It's best to leave it as it is, tbh. While a player should be responsible for their own outcomes from doing crimes, that still doesn't mean they need to be forced to roleplay around something that can take days due to the lack of OOC manpower available for courts. Afterall, the server is trying to aim for people to have fun while at the same time suffer consequences, and having to wait in holding cells for days without roleplay is surely not entertaining.

11 minutes ago, Fried. said:

I didn’t even know this feature existed but it sounds great. How does one auto-bail out? 

Plead not guilty and depending on the crime you will be given auto-bail. 

7gwcPOx.png?ex=65ec56a3&is=65d9e1a3&hm=8

Here's the graphic I made that cops show you when you are arrested. It's a /cim in the booking areas. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Leave it as is. Now people can actually plead not guilty & still RP on their characters like normal instead of shelving them for 1+ months doing forum RP through the courts. 

I pretty much agree to this. 

Been in JSA for several years now and remember when the decision was made for Auto-bail. The issue we were trying to address with autobail is that JSA for essentially all of its existence has been understaffed not to dissimilar from IRL. We don't have nearly the Judges you would hope for on a server this big and the case load of the server its hard to retain Judges. So what happens is the system gets overwhelmed and people start sitting in jail for days awaiting bail hearing from Judges because the District Attorney's Office can't keep up with the influx of new bail petitions and people end up getting stuck in jail for days on offenses that had only a few IRL hours of jail time. 

Edited by Power
  • Upvote 1

I've no idea how big of an issue this is.

If this is becoming an out of control issue, then perhaps the idea has merit.

If it's just a rarity and individual players returning to the scenes of crimes or returning to harass their victims again, then deal with the player rather than put in place a change that impacts the entire criminal community in a negative manner.

• Upvote 1