State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/120729-sb-150-strengthened-traffic-regulations-to-ensure-every-travelers-safety-act-of-2024-streets-act/

worked on this in the past two weeks now to give cops more room to crack down on people treating this like DAO. this was intended to be a lot harsher than it is now, but the powers at be wanted it to be watered down (and will most likely want it even more than it currently is), so it's a small step in the right direction

Edited by Airwalk
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

In many states, a reckless driving charge can be applied to someone driving 15-20mph above the speed limit.

Run something IC to have our penal code changed.

Once that's done, also change the penal code IC, so that reckless driving charges also mean vehicles are confiscated and sold back to the state when caught speeding by such a large amount.

It won't take too many reckless driving charges before people stop wanting to lose their vehicles.

This can be resolved entirely IC.

4 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

In many states, a reckless driving charge can be applied to someone driving 15-20mph above the speed limit.

And in San Andreas too

I mean, not 15-20, but anything above 100mph in the city you can hit it with Reckless ezpz

21 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

And in San Andreas too

I mean, not 15-20, but anything above 100mph in the city you can hit it with Reckless ezpz

Didn't know that, then we're half way there.

I just think rather than complain OOC about something, at least exhaust IC avenues of resolving such problems.

If this is ICly perceived to be a big problem by government, let them make the crime far more punitive and have more IC consequences.

48 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Run something IC to have our penal code changed.

Once that's done, also change the penal code IC, so that reckless driving charges also mean vehicles are confiscated and sold back to the state when caught speeding by such a large amount.

It won't take too many reckless driving charges before people stop wanting to lose their vehicles.

This can be resolved entirely IC.

43 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

And in San Andreas too

20 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Didn't know that, then we're half way there.

I just think rather than complain OOC about something, at least exhaust IC avenues of resolving such problems.

If this is ICly perceived to be a big problem by government, let them make the crime far more punitive and have more IC consequences.

The problem with those charges is that someone going 30 miles over the speed limit isn't necessarily driving in a reckless manner or committing vehicular endangerment.  Besides that, the officer will have to explain how the person is driving recklessly/in an endangering manner in the arrest report, most officers don't want to do that.  And the officer until this fine is added is REQUIRED to actually arrest the individual and go through the entire detainee processing procedure for both the misdemeanor & felony, that even when you use Officer's Discretion you can't just decide to not imprison someone for Reckless Driving, even if you decide to have them charged for it.  Adding the fine of Excessive Speeding will allow officers to deal with traffic offenses in a speedy manner, yet this doesn't protect people from getting charged with Reckless Driving or Vehicular Endangerment, as officers can and should still arrest someone if they've found someone driving in a reckless manner.

6 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

The problem with those charges is that someone going 30 miles over the speed limit isn't necessarily driving in a reckless manner or committing vehicular endangerment.  Besides that, the officer will have to explain how the person is driving recklessly/in an endangering manner in the arrest report, most officers don't want to do that.  And the officer until this fine is added is REQUIRED to actually arrest the individual and go through the entire detainee processing procedure for both the misdemeanor & felony, that even when you use Officer's Discretion you can't just decide to not imprison someone for Reckless Driving, even if you decide to have them charged for it.  Adding the fine of Excessive Speeding will allow officers to deal with traffic offenses in a speedy manner, yet this doesn't protect people from getting charged with Reckless Driving or Vehicular Endangerment, as officers can and should still arrest someone if they've found someone driving in a reckless manner.

I'm only talking in the context of speeding since but as things stand your correct, which is why i'd update the penal code to specifically call out at what speeds over a given limit will no longer be considered an infraction and instead considered RD or VE.

It is after all up to the legislative branch to decide what constitutes either of these crimes.

5 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Reckless Driving is a misdemeanor, officer discretion allows officers to ignore misdemeanors, doesn't it? At least in GTAW.

As for the speeding charge, I believe "Excessive Speeding" should be renamed "Criminal Speeding" like most states

2 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Reckless Driving is a misdemeanor, officer discretion allows officers to ignore misdemeanors, doesn't it? At least in GTAW.

As for the speeding charge, I believe "Excessive Speeding" should be renamed "Criminal Speeding" like most states

As I tried to explain in that post.  If the officer decides to charge someone with misdemeanor Reckless Driving, they can't just use Officer's Discretion and just give someone a fine for MC 408. Reckless Driving and forego the arrest.  The officer is required to go through all it, and that is when this procedure starts.