State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:21 AM, Late said:

I can't remember the last time I followed the speed limit IRL except where I know there are cameras, not gonna start caring IG. Everyone needs to chill out, it's fine how it is. 

Yeah but unlike in the game, you (hopefully) don't drive over double the speed limit at over 100 mph / 160 km/h.

2 hours ago, El Jefe said:

map speed bumps around the city, just like the ones next to ULSA.

Except this isn't really a good idea. At least not by itself.

GTA V car physics are weird. There's a thing called Curb Boosting in this game. In GTA V, If you drive over any road obstacle like a speed bump or a curb, it actually increases a vehicle's speed because the bump causes the car's suspension to compress for a quick moment. If you add these speed bumps, people would just use them as speed boosts, so it would make the driving problem worse. I could imagine people in pursuits or races intentionally driving over these speed bumps to make their car go faster.

Unless you find a way to script-wisely make the speed bumps actually slow down a car or damage a car at high speeds, this isn't a good idea to just map these speed bumps in. People will just treat them like speed boosts.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:34 AM, Martyn said:

Issue CK's on people who crash going at crazy speeds especially when evading from police, I don't see how its anything less but failing to roleplay fear of life. 

This.

I don't see why this isn't an OOC issue. People are literally failing to RP fear of life when going that fast. Every person under the sun wants people to RP fear in robbery situations or shootout situations, but when it comes to driving, everyone is silent about it. Going 120+ and crashing into a wall should result in a CK. You're not going to get people to slow down or drive the right way via IC means, besides MAYBE drastically increasing repair costs to the car. Even then, money is nothing to most people on this server. 

• Upvote 6
On 2/21/2024 at 4:21 AM, Barbary said:

There is no reason to follow traffic laws on this server. You face no repercussions, IC or OOC, that can't be shrugged off or outright ignored. Honestly I'd be willing to bet that most people are fine with that too, with how often (and I'll admit I do this too) people agree to mutually void a crash because they flat out cannot be fucked to deal with the repercussions.

This.

This is 90% of the interactions I've had with crashes, most of the time due to the other just driving off without giving me time to roleplay back, so I just shrug it off and move on, voiding the scene.

I could make a report yes, but in my eyes it would be wasting admins' time plus I'm not that petty to make a forum report just for a random accident.

• Upvote 2

introducing a points system to the drivers license could be a good idea, ability for LEO's to take licenses. Law makers to make it so cars can be crushed for certain crimes, give a reason for people zooming through the city to be afraid.

while IC laws and enforcement of OOC rules may help for a bit, you need to consider that a lot of the reasoning people are driving like maniacs is because you can accelerate to 100 VERY quick, on top of that, all cars have brakes the same as supercars, stopping from 100 is very quick.

while its a big job, changing the handling of cars is in my opinion the best way to go about it. next time someones zooming 100 through the city, they need to think twice because their brakes wont be able to stop them in time.

that being said, changing the handling of each and every car is a insanely big job and I doubt anyone has the time to do it.

6 hours ago, Deeman said:

introducing a points system to the drivers license could be a good idea, ability for LEO's to take licenses. Law makers to make it so cars can be crushed for certain crimes, give a reason for people zooming through the city to be afraid.

while IC laws and enforcement of OOC rules may help for a bit, you need to consider that a lot of the reasoning people are driving like maniacs is because you can accelerate to 100 VERY quick, on top of that, all cars have brakes the same as supercars, stopping from 100 is very quick.

while its a big job, changing the handling of cars is in my opinion the best way to go about it. next time someones zooming 100 through the city, they need to think twice because their brakes wont be able to stop them in time.

that being said, changing the handling of each and every car is a insanely big job and I doubt anyone has the time to do it.

There was a program that let you change the entire vehicles .xml so you can, for example, halving every vehicle's acceleration in one go.

Edited by varthshenon
  • Upvote 1