The future of medical roleplay

Just now, Smurf said:

Not even bashing, there's a problem that needs fixed. So let's fix the problem instead of trying to put a band aid over a problem that clearly needs more than a band aid to fix it.

I imagine that this thread is not here to highlight problems but give solutions. Advising that a faction needs activity does not help anything. 

Forcing random diseases on random players is incredibly stupid and I’ll never get behind it.  Although, sure, some sort of symptoms should show on those who go out near-naked expecting zero repercussions in extremely cold weather.

Introduce debuffs to players after injuries. Car crashes can have RNG’d injuries to various bodyparts depending on the speed of impact.  Gunshot wounds should be actively bleeding unless controlled.  Those untreated injuries should decrease the sprint speed, introduce an absurd recoil, or even cause the player to pass out or fall down in case of injury.

Healthcare needs to be charged for.  Start making it as unreasonably expensive as the American healthcare system is.

Edited by Monster.
1 minute ago, Bauer said:

This would be nice for players that don't know/care about RPing their pulse, etc. But what do we do with people who do want to have that in-depth roleplay?

For people who would want to set their own pulse, BPM, body temperature, blood pressure, that kind of thing, it could be OPTIONAL  for you to /setbpm 140 or /setbloodpressure 16.1, and if you don't, it would set automatically for the medical personnel to do /checkbpm or /checkpulse, so both sides win, people can set it themselves, and if they don't want to, or don't know the meaning of those measures, not setting anything would give an automatic value to the doctor / paramedic

• Upvote 1

People are going to bring up the argument of a in depth medical script making it too 'RPG' ish, let me shoot that down right away. 

This is a roleplay server.

A script will help you facilitate your roleplay and avoid power gaming your injuries. If you don't wish to deal with the hassle of having to find treatment for gunshot wounds/ fall injuries or other such things you should probably go play on a deathmatch server. 

"Why should I have to roleplay my injuries if it was caused by a bug/fall?"

Bugs won't be happening 100 percent of the time. You can always /report also refund requests exist for a reason.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Monster. said:

Forcing random diseases on random players is incredibly stupid and I’ll never get behind it.  Although, sure, some sort of symptoms should show on those who go out near-naked expecting zero repercussions in extremely cold weather.

Introduce debuffs to players after injuries. Car crashes can have RNG’d injuries to various bodyparts depending on the speed of impact.  Gunshot wounds should be actively bleeding unless controlled.  Those untreated injuries should decrease the sprint speed, introduce an absurd recoil, or even cause the player to pass out or fall down in case of injury.

Healthcare needs to be charged for.  Start making it as unreasonably expensive as the American healthcare system is.

Diseases should be a thing but not have any effects, sort of like a status system where your character /ame sneezes randomly for a short period - things that add to the roleplay but don't give you any major debuffs. Maybe an immunity system too.. could be scripted so that admins can release 'diseases' randomly with set properties and players who catch it can build up immunity overtime and spread the disease to other players. This may sound crazy but it would sure as hell give PHMC more roleplay if they added the option to get vaccinations.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

allow private EMS companies. concerned about their activity? LFM can handle it.

if people wanna rp medical stuff, they will rp medical stuff. if they wanna have their own McAmbulance? let them.

Private EMS in the US is a big deal, they make stupid money too (The companies not the paramedics).

Many people suggest these illness scripts and whatnot, but you can perfectly well roleplay these scenarios already at your own discretion. What's holding you back from roleplaying a cold and visiting a doctor? You can get creative with existing tools such as flipcoin, roll, and chance to determine if you get better or not. Do we really need a script that imposes such elements upon us? We're a roleplay server, and the current suggestions make it feel like we're veering more towards a cops and robbers style genre with RP elements. I'm not really a fan of it.

I like to write my own stories with others, not be a forced story due a script that randomly decides it for me.

Edited by LeNova
  • Upvote 4

Wheelchairs, and diseases. Such as different kinds of ACS (Heart attacks), including cardiac arrests

Overdosing on drugs, not just losing your health but giving the player a mental state that is described so they have to RP is accordingly to their dosage.

Overdosing on drugs (opioids) And actually making the player has a cardiac arrest, stating in a hovering type of /injuries that the person is not Breathing, and feels pulsess.

Being able to actually use narcan on ovedosing players to reverse an opioid overdose by for e.g. /applynarcan ID 

Adding a simple script to actually log what conditions the patient has and/or earlier treatments.

Make it easier for PHMC to scriptly make medicins. Or add actual pharmacies to the server that can hand out normal medications and special ones with a prescription.

Giving factions like SanFire the possibility to have a paramedic on board, since it is based on CalFire, where they also have paramedics.