Stop the "evidence will be handed to handling admin" on reports.

7 hours ago, chocomint said:

i'll have to disagree on that

maybe some people do care about their privacy (ex: videos) and that's a pretty good reason to not send random people on the internet a video that might get you on a weird position

there might also be faction regulations, like LEOs, the footage forwarded on a report should not contain the /f chat, for many obvious reasons

I get what you are saying but honestly most of the time the reports are for IG rule violations. The IG footage does not show any personal information or something that would expose something that you don't want to be exposed to the internet. If there's a report for threats that you are receiving from someone and you don't wanna show that then sure but if there's a report for an IG rule violation then there's nothing to hide unless you are a Staff Member.

• Upvote 1

I don't think its possible, but personally I like to see reports private, and a public conclusion. So you don't get Joe Bloggs, and the 100 people they sent the link to in Discord reacting to their post.

• Upvote 5

It's good to send evidence to admins. Admins see it and judge it and there's nothing wrong with that - the same way we don't see people's ban appeals. To speak on this from the perspective of always having to deal with it, most people just want to protect their mini map. I own up or have access to 20-40 properties at any given time and my map is a maze of blips. It also happens that me and my faction hold multiple supplier statuses. I don't want you to know what I got and don't got access to because I know you'll metagame it and we've seen how people sharing evidence publicly devolves into breakins that you can't do nothing against. 

Same goes for any illegal official faction, for ex.

People's shit shouldn't be your entertainment. If ban appeals can be hidden for a reason I could argue player reports could only been shared between reporter and reported too but maybe that's too much of a hassle forum permission wise.

There's endless reasons to want privacy. Faction chat should be private, if it's meant for public viewing then everyone on the server would have the ability to be in it. PMs should be private. What is on my screen in my own game is private matter of fact. And that damages no one because any admin can /ac4screen you to check you for hacking if they want. Anything else doesn't matter.

There's never been a problem with privately sent evidence. In fact, some people actually walk themselves into shit by literally sending flagrant rulebreaks to admins and betting on the fact that the admin won't pay close attention.

The difference here is some players get active in game and some sit in GTAW #general all day long talking about random shit, and a talking point of all of you bored people is what report got thousands of views and what's the latest controversy in the community. Nothing wrong with either but mind your own business if it doesn't concern you.

Later Edit. The assumptions made by the OP and those supporting them are wild. If you can't trust administrators then no wonder you can't trust a simple process. Just because people don't want you to see what they got going doesn't vilify them and game admins are certainly not trolling with us people who send private evidence to their forum PMs. If you ever feel like something is fishy for whatever reason then you can always chuck up staff reports.

This suggestion is a nothing burger.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 4
19 minutes ago, liq said:

It's good to send evidence to admins. Admins see it and judge it and there's nothing wrong with that - the same way we don't see people's ban appeals. To speak on this from the perspective of always having to deal with it, most people just want to protect their mini map. I own up or have access to 20-40 properties at any given time and my map is a maze of blips. It also happens that me and my faction hold multiple supplier statuses. I don't want you to know what I got and don't got access to because I know you'll metagame it and we've seen how people sharing evidence publicly devolves into breakins that you can't do nothing against. 

Same goes for any illegal official faction, for ex.

People's shit shouldn't be your entertainment. If ban appeals can be hidden for a reason I could argue player reports could only been shared between reporter and reported too but maybe that's too much of a hassle forum permission wise.

There's endless reasons to want privacy. Faction chat should be private, if it's meant for public viewing then everyone on the server would have the ability to be in it. PMs should be private. What is on my screen in my own game is private matter of fact. And that damages no one because any admin can /ac4screen you to check you for hacking if they want. Anything else doesn't matter.

There's never been a problem with privately sent evidence. In fact, some people actually walk themselves into shit by literally sending flagrant rulebreaks to admins and betting on the fact that the admin won't pay close attention.

The difference here is some players get active in game and some sit in GTAW #general all day long talking about random shit, and a talking point of all of you bored people is what report got thousands of views and what's the latest controversy in the community. Nothing wrong with either but mind your own business if it doesn't concern you.

Later Edit. The assumptions made by the OP and those supporting them are wild. If you can't trust administrators then no wonder you can't trust a simple process. Just because people don't want you to see what they got going doesn't vilify them and game admins are certainly not trolling with us people who send private evidence to their forum PMs. If you ever feel like something is fishy for whatever reason then you can always chuck up staff reports.

This suggestion is a nothing burger.

You talk about accusations then proceed to throw out a wild accusation. Nobody said anything about not trusting administrators. You're  picking and choosing what you want to read from the posts & completely missing the point. 

How are you supposed to defend yourself against evidence you cant see? Explain that to me. 

Edited by PeopleKind

For some reason, you seem to think and argue that people are clueless when reported. A high percentage of people reported on the date, time and at the in game location of a specific rulebreak (say powergaming) usually have a good idea of what happened. You also don't commonly see reports for shit that happened last week. Reports for months old evidence are almost always locked or dealt with on a slap on the wrist basis because those are rather malicious than well intended as a whole (aka withholding evidence to try to get a player punished when or if it is convenient). Seen this a bit ago with one of the oldest factions on the server.

A reported player was in game at that time, in that place, doing what they did to get reported. An admin may not show you the evidence but they will ask you and if you don't remember, they will always ask you 3 pages worth of questions until you say something. An admin will then write, bar for bar, what you did and why it isn't a rulebreak and what you should do better. Countless examples of this happening in concluded reports.

I also haven't heard of any case of mistaken report identity before. Usually those reported were involved and there's never been a case of "this isn't me, I wasn't there." 

I'd actually argue that if you saw the evidence first and responded after then you are more likely to work an answer around what the evidence exposes and try to lie your ass off about some minor activity that is actually a rulebreak. Has happened before. People who don't see the evidence lie a lot and then get caught, and it's not small impressionable "I didn't know" shit anyway. It's "I spawned in Roy Lowenstein with my homies and went to spin the block." when in reality they logged in game in Vespucci 1 minute 37 seconds before their target took the first gun shot. Purely an example but it has happened & the way reports are handled with discretion to evidence in some certain situations is important.

Edited by liq

+1, It's really hard to defend yourself if you can't even see what they are specifically referring too. A lot of report narratives are poorly written, and/or leave out important information, only videos and screenshot show the full picture.

As a legal faction member, I honestly see no reason to blur the faction chat in screenshots/vids. There really shouldn't be anything confidential or inappropriate in there in the first place, so.. People should have no issues showing the faction chat.

I definitely think people are taking advantage of the current system and sending things to admins more and more often, because they know that the reported party will have a harder time defending themselves. There are definitely people abusing this system for that pure purpose.

Only send stuff directly for admins for specific reasons. That's not unreasonable, that makes sense. Give the reported party a fair chance to understand the full concept of the allegations made against them.