Stop the "evidence will be handed to handling admin" on reports.

Title. Go look at the forum report section, I can guarantee more than half of them have "Evidence will be sent to the handling admin". The ONLY people that should be allowed to withhold evidence & only send it to the handling admin are staff members due to staff chats & such.

How are players supposed to properly defend themselves against accusations when they're not able to see the evidence against them? Especially when said evidence showcases their own rule-breaking. It's just unfair. Either post the evidence straight up or don't report at all, imo. 

Make a rule saying that the only people that can withhold evidence are staff members or in very special circumstances only. Or at the very least, make it a requirement to provide the evidence to the reported player. It's impossible to defend yourself against evidence you cant see.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 11
4 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Title. Go look at the forum report section, I can guarantee more than half of them have "Evidence will be sent to the handling admin". The ONLY people that should be allowed to withhold evidence & only send it to the handling admin are staff members due to staff chats & such.

How are players supposed to properly defend themselves against accusations when they're not able to see the evidence against them? It's just unfair. Either post the evidence straight up or don't report at all, imo.

Make a rule saying that the only people that can withhold evidence are staff members or in very special circumstances only.

+1

i'll have to disagree on that

maybe some people do care about their privacy (ex: videos) and that's a pretty good reason to not send random people on the internet a video that might get you on a weird position

there might also be faction regulations, like LEOs, the footage forwarded on a report should not contain the /f chat, for many obvious reasons

• Upvote 4
Just now, chocomint said:

maybe some people do care about their privacy (ex: videos) and that's a pretty good reason to not send random people on the internet a video that might get you on a weird position

there might also be faction regulations, like LEOs, the footage forwarded on a report should not contain the /f chat, for many obvious reasons

Then make it so they must send the reported party the footage as well. Or allow factions like LEOs and such to post footage with blurred chat in public, but send the handling admin the unblurred clip. 

1 minute ago, chocomint said:

What are those obvious reasons? What sensitive information could possibly be shared through an OUT OF CHARACTER faction chat and why does this specifically apply to LEO factions? 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, PeopleKind said:

Then make it so they must send the reported party the footage as well. Or allow factions like LEOs and such to post footage with blurred chat in public, but send the handling admin the unblurred clip. 

you don't have to, it's not something they should get their hands on if you're not comfortable with sending it publicly - keeping it how it is right now is fine

This is a “i scroll the report section daily and want to see other people’s clips’ moment.

-1, discretion is allowed and it should stay that way, not everyone wants to make everything public, imagine if you were doing some stuff in ur recording that could 100% get you clowned / bullied on this server? 💀

• Upvote 8