The Perfect GTA World

CertifiedKiller
Message added by sevo,

A polite reminder to all commenters to keep the common courtesy rule in mind with your replies to this discussion. Discussions such as these are welcome, so long as they do not become toxic and get out of hand. Keep it civil please, thank you.

1 minute ago, JulieArt said:

Yeah I have and passed top of my class it was so fun, I forgot you also have to give one official warning in your FTP.

If it's changed where you go around arresting people, doing radar, warrants ETC then that's great I'm sure you have a lot to share if you're speaking from experience?

We don't do radar etc, never have done. All Special Ops members get BTT training to assist APT, we're just like all LEOs so I'm unsure how we wouldn't 'fit' in PD/SD in terms of laterals. Given, we learn all other LEO factions do just stick to a niche of arsons rather than doing more broader work.

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

I don't know what FTP Program you're talking about but last I checked SASP's FTP program is heavily geared towards law enforcement first, then the niche stuff second. Yes there's a heavy focus on community stuff as well, but to say we don't focus on hard law enforcement as much as the other stuff is wrong.

Y'all need to stop acting like you know how it works internally with current leadership, training, etc because all you're doing is giving people false information at this point.

It's probably changed since I was there, I was in when you were still retired.

I recall it being overhauled, yeah it was so much fun. Feel bad for my boy Luke Rhett who was voted out OOCly by leadership instead of given remedial patrols.

It sounds like it has changed a lot since you came back, I hope these changes make it as tough and rigorous as LSPD/LSSDs maybe they will allow laterals to trainee/PO1 as they should.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

We don't do radar etc, never have done. All Special Ops members get BTT training to assist APT, we're just like all LEOs so I'm unsure how we wouldn't 'fit' in PD/SD in terms of laterals. Given, we learn all other LEO factions do just stick to a niche of arsons rather than doing more broader work.

Oh my bad man yeah I forgot APT was the like OSS/LEO arm of SFM but I was never apart of it, truly such a great unit/RP experience from what I heard.

7 hours ago, CertifiedKiller said:

ILLEGAL ROLEPLAY:

Now, to move on to Illegal Roleplay.. the most competitive environment in GTA World. It's what draws people to these characters and concepts and it's not hard to see why. The world of Illegal Roleplay is rich with amazing character backstories, dedicated portrayal of all different types of people and their road to crime. Yet, despite these incredible role-players displaying that time and time again they have what it takes to portray their characters realistically - they've gradually been hit with overwhelming restrictions over the past few years specifically regarding rules. 

There's tons of rules which have clamped down on the things members of Illegal factions can and cannot do, as well as in-game rules of which restrict them in their portrayal of said characters. Let's speak briefly on the rule of chain robbing. Though I think we can ALL agree that chain robbing does not happen in real life. You're not going to get a criminal going from person to person to rob them of their valuables, however - you're going to find criminal gangs that specialize in quick smash and grab robberies, of which are VERY prevalent in cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles in California. You'll get groups of people roaming around areas, breaking car windows and taking anything in view, though when someone tried to portray this very thing on GTA World they were met with administrator punishment.  Rules like this and restrictions like not being able to use cars in robberies and you can see why it might be frustrating to be an illegal role-player.  

I believe that a full rules revision make be necessary in order to allow things that could happen realistically, but don't restrict members of illegal factions from making income as someone in real life would in their position. No Crime Zones are a good thing though, at the end of the day it really boils down to common sense. There's reasons behind the recent restrictions on illegal role-players, you'd get people going to Vinewood to rob people outside their houses or other such things, now these things do happen in real life though for the purposes of our server it's not great roleplay. I wish that IFM would allow more concepts which have historically existed in L.A for years, though on this server are absent under a blanket reasoning of 'unrealistic'. 

That concludes everything, if you want to speak about anything I've written here please feel free to do so. I am looking forward on what the community thinks.

I can't really talk about legal roleplay because I don't have much experience in that side of the server, but I'll try to break down some of the issues that plague illegal roleplay.

Unfortunately, the reason that illegal roleplayers find themselves so restricted is the surge of very poor roleplayers infiltrating criminal roleplay. Sometimes these types of players form factions without IFM's permission, or they just operate on their own without roleplaying being part of any organization. This creates an issue because these players end up causing issues over time. They go around chain robbing, starting shit with actual factions, provoking dm and other shit. The place where you'll mostly encounter these types of people is around South LS, specifically Davis LTD, but you can still find them all over the city. Regardless though, these types of people have given both illegal roleplay and south los santos roleplay in general a bad image.

Many people (including me) who create illegal factions nowadays often opt to create gangs in other parts of LS, as opposed to in South LS because they find South LS to be a complete mess. If they DO make a faction in South LS after all, they're very likely to make it invite-only, because they don't want an influx of nooby roleplayers who won't even read a single word about their faction's concept and will just get in game and cause issues. Currently, there are roughly 12 gangs across LS in places other than South LS, and around 9(?) gangs in South LS itself.

Unfortunately though when people make their gang factions in places other than South LS, even if it's an area that's more or less accurate to that gang's real life stomping grounds (For example, a gang from the Hollywood region IRL forming in Vinewood) often attract criticism from people who don't understand that gang culture is capable of thriving in areas that aren't particularly ghetto too. Not talking shit or pointing fingers but it's mostly legal roleplayers who come with this type of criticism.

TLDR: Illegal roleplay, specifically gang roleplay most of the time is plagued with various issues that range from harsh restrictions that have been implemented because of poor roleplayers, a lack of understanding from many players on the other side of the roleplay spectrum (Legal/LEO), an influx of nooby roleplayers depending on where they form their faction, among other things.

• Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, Xantholic said:

They go around chain robbing, starting shit with actual factions, provoking dm and other shit. The place where you'll mostly encounter these types of people is around South LS, specifically Davis LTD

The funniest fucking thing about this is that the hoods are actually some of the most chill places to roleplay a local bum or low income citizen, I've had multiple local characters that would hang around there and just chill without being fucked with because they didn't bang. I think this proves the point of low quality mfs always venturing out of their usual area (Davis, Strawberry, Rancho) to /better/ places to perform low quality criminal rp.

I wish more people knew this was the case because that place is severely lacking civilian RP, at least it was back when I last played there which okay, I'll admit, was like a year ago. Things could have changed drastically since then but I seriously don't think those areas are so bad, they could just use a bit more love from the community, but peopled don't realize there is potential there.

• Upvote 1

Gang roleplay scene is dying off fast honestly so that's the biggest issue in my eyes. Illegal scene in general is kind of stagnating, how long has it been since we've had 2 pages worth of official factions? Street gang RP especially is kind of gone. I can cruise through the entirety of Davis at peak server time and barely see anybody outside, maybe a couple groups of 3 or 4 people if I'm lucky.

Add to that the massive troll issue. Admins need to stop being so forgiving with people who are very clearly only on the server to troll. I don't know if it's because a lot of them are generally not well acquainted with gang roleplay but it's immediately obvious when somebody's just there to ruin everybody else's roleplay. Here's an example: I was at the LTD, got in a fight, the guy got up after getting knocked out, then ran around, tried to enter a bunch of cars and VDmed half the LTD, eventually pulled out a bat, had a random assortment of characters (white italians) pull up to him with bats themselves, at which point they all began to chase me and a friend away. At this point, an admin I called arrived, I was knocked out and stomped out (with admin already present), and there was a 5 minute discussion where the guy repeatedly told the admin to shut the fuck up and lied (the admin had been spectating) several times. How did the situation end? No punishment, situation voided. The guy was banned within 1 day.

What was the point of giving somebody like this the benefit of the doubt? So he can go around ruining everybody's roleplay for another 24 hours?

Edited by King of Idlewood
  • Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, alina2137 said:

The funniest fucking thing about this is that the hoods are actually some of the most chill places to roleplay a local bum or low income citizen, I've had multiple local characters that would hang around there and just chill without being fucked with because they didn't bang. I think this proves the point of low quality mfs always venturing out of their usual area (Davis, Strawberry, Rancho) to /better/ places to perform low quality criminal rp.

I wish more people knew this was the case because that place is severely lacking civilian RP, at least it was back when I last played there which okay, I'll admit, was like a year ago. Things could have changed drastically since then but I seriously don't think those areas are so bad, they could just use a bit more love from the community, but peopled don't realize there is potential there.

Yep. Civilian roleplay is fairly dead in South LS. I was in a South LS faction for the last couple of months before it closed and I formed my own in West LS. The amount of abysmal roleplay I saw in South LS was kind of insane to me. It sort of reinforced my mentality of preferring to do gangs in other regions of LS. I came across a civilian roleplayer here and there in South LS, the odd drug addict character here and there too, but unfortunately, a lot of players roleplaying in gangs have this mentality of thinking that they need to mess with every single person that walks past or so much as looks at them, when the reality is that there's really only a select few gangs IRL that even act in that manner.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, alina2137 said:

How would you recommend that players who currently are not considering South LS for civilian RP approach this? Can you give some examples of this potential?

2 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

How would you recommend that players who currently are not considering South LS for civilian RP approach this? Can you give some examples of this potential?

I literally just made some half serious goofball bum character and started hanging out there to make some civilian activity. No house, no need to worry about assets, literally just roleplaying with the local gangbangers and other fools in the area. You could also roleplay the significant other or a family member of someone who lives and therefore roleplays a lot in the ghetto. The ideas are endless and I'm not gonna sugar coat it - sometimes the RP there is abysmal but if you stumble across a fun group of people then it's really great and can be relaxing.

Might be that I lived in some shitty areas IRL but it kinda hit home for me.

• Upvote 1