Metagaming, OOC vs IC, and Bleeding

Astralsomnia

48 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

As long as this "teach first, punish later" attitude is maintained towards those who deliberately disrupt roleplay and willfully break rules, GTAW will never reach it's full potential of the quality of roleplay it can provide to it's players. That peaked a long time ago imho

You should get reinstated.

To be honest, it's perfectly normal for legal factions to vet your character as it happens irl as well. If you have a felony there's less and less chance to get employed, depending on your record. That aside, this is a roleplay server where players and factions are held to a standard. I personally vet players as well, how many times they were reported and for what, what is their ooc behavior on discord etc etc. It's not metagaming, it's management. Factions and groups also require ooc management. Otherwise they couldn't exist at all.

Edited by Engelbert
38 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

To be honest, it's perfectly normal for legal factions to vet your character as it happens irl as well. If you have a felony there's less and less chance to get employed, depending on your record. That aside, this is a roleplay server where players and factions are held to a standard. I personally vet players as well, how many times they were reported and for what, what is their ooc behavior on discord etc etc. It's not metagaming, it's management. Factions and groups also require ooc management. Otherwise they couldn't exist at all.

Ya but they even vet your alts

14 hours ago, Moonsong said:

As long as this "teach first, punish later" attitude is maintained towards those who deliberately disrupt roleplay and willfully break rules, GTAW will never reach it's full potential of the quality of roleplay it can provide to it's players. That peaked a long time ago imho

Agree with this. 
I got staff reported constantly even when just giving warnings to be more relaxed on people, just for them to continue doing the exact same thing nonstop.
I'm also not really a fan of how we went from a Heavy RP Server in title to "medium" rp. That was a bad look imo, but I get why it was done. To increase server pop & be more lenient on certain things. Still dont agree with it though.

• Upvote 12
  • Applaud 1