Getting into to cars without lockpick?

Please please please please please.

If I have a homeless character, I want to be able to smash a car window with a break, get in, steel valuables of touch some wires to joyride the car without having to RP being an expert with a $20K lockpick. It's ridiculous how many aspects of roleplay are actually pretty limited on this server ;/

+1!

• Upvote 1

Having it locked behind admins is a bad idea though, if we can get something implemented that doesnt need admin intervention, it'd be better. Admins are busy people and are more often than not tied up on other stuff, minor reports usually take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to be handled depending on whats going on in game. Nobody is gonna wait that long just for an alarm.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 1

there's no need to make this an admin CMD, just allow people to break into cars without lockpicks. even hotwiring cars requires lockpicks for some reason... the script needs a revamp. i think the instruments used in burglaries and car breakins are an IC issue and shouldn't be tied to a script.

Edited by serower
7 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Having it locked behind admins is a bad idea though, if we can get something implemented that doesnt need admin intervention, it'd be better. Admins are busy people and are more often than not tied up on other stuff, minor reports usually take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to be handled depending on whats going on in game. Nobody is gonna wait that long just for an alarm.

Valid.

I like the /breakwindow option from @Invictus

Its cheap, cheerful and gets the jobs done.

• Upvote 1
  • Peat changed the title to Getting into to cars without lockpick?