How do you guys feel about voids?

kane

Voids are a bit too common, in my opinion. Sure, if there's a bug, server rule break, or something along these lines, a void most times is fair.

My biggest problem with voiding is how easily stuff gets voided to begin with, people can sometimes lose weeks of work in the blink of an eye, and this affects quite a good number of legal RPers.

Edited by nelsondx
50 minutes ago, rainbowlarva said:

ill say no if someone else asks for a void so I can make them go through with the scene. I only let things get voided if it benefits me

Just to clarify (unsure whether your comment is in jest or not), admins will not void situations just because players want it voiding. While this may be something that has taken place in the past, it certainly does not happen anymore.

57 minutes ago, josef said:

Just to clarify (unsure whether your comment is in jest or not), admins will not void situations just because players want it voiding. While this may be something that has taken place in the past, it certainly does not happen anymore.

Something I've noticed across reports, is that people will often do an improvised bypass to this, and it's surprising that staff haven't picked up on how easy it really is - guy does something, gets attention of opposition, and tries to escape opposition. Okay, cool. What isn't cool is when they then go on to break rules in order to facilitate their escape. It'll lead to a report when the offending party inevitably escapes their more rule-abiding pursuers, but...

...it doesn't matter. Forum report goes through, the guy that broke the rules is warned, and the scene isn't voided, but the rulebreaker is then allowed to continue as if he's escaped.

The dude broke the rules to get away from me and my boys to keep three AKs that my gang could've REALLY used for our own ends. He got away BECAUSE he broke the rules, and ruined any chance of being caught, essentially preemptively voiding an outcome he didn't want, by just... breaking the rules.

These sorts of shenanigans need to be discouraged. If someone is willing to break the rules to escape, they shouldn't get the outcome they desire as a reward.

Edited by DasFroggy

I feel like it'd be really nice for voids to start coming with stipulations. Instead of it TOTALLY not happening, it just happens to a John Doe, so anyone who isn't attached DIRECTLY but still is involved (i.e, police, ems) can still roleplay the situation out that they might've spent hours on. This obviously isn't possible for cases or investigations, but, on a 2 hour barricaded scene, it'd be nice if instead of a void, there was just a conclusion with a John Doe.