Timezone Shift

Astralsomnia

I think the issue you're facing right now is the same issue a lot of Europeans would face if the timezone was changed to -3. They would never be able to play during nighttime because 9 p.m. in-game (which is generally when it starts to get dark) to someone, let's say, in Germany, would be 1 a.m., and most people would be in bed by then. This would become an even bigger issue when the clock advances again in a couple of months.

The server is primarily populated by Europeans, and so it makes sense that the in-game timezone is accommodated for them. It's one of those situations where you can't please everyone, so you might as well please the majority.

11 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

The server is primarily populated by Europeans, and so it makes sense that the in-game timezone is accommodated for them. It's one of those situations where you can't please everyone, so you might as well please the majority.

I mean, most US players can't play during the morning. Its a baseline issue across an international server, which is why I suggested a middleground between the two most popular timezones.

Edited by Suraru
word change

As mentioned above, sadly I think this is just how it is, and how it has to be. Even as an American myself, I know it's unfortunate, but Europeans are the majority of the playerbase.

Plus it's not like there's inherently anything wrong with having to RP at night, as that's when realistically the city would be most active with the nightlife. I've grown accustomed to it, and have just been taking solace in getting daytime RP on the weekends when I'm off from work.

Just leave it alone. No amount of timezone switching is going to satisfy everyone. Everyone lives on different parts of the world and everyone has their own IRL commitments that dictates when they can play on the server. No matter what timezone we switch to, someone is going to complain about it because of where they live or their IRL circumstances.

You can't solve the problem of an international server having timezone issues via moving the timezone around to suit yourself. All you're doing is inconveniencing others in favor of others, not fixing the issue.