3 hours ago, rainbowlarva said:

nobody else really needs it or should have it anyways. not having that level of communication between agencies is intended.

Then whoever had those intentions is wrong.

We needed this yesterday. After the colossal shitshow that was the Mall Shooter incident last month, a joint local tactical channel would make everyone's lives far easier.

Edited by Barbary
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

Welcome to the real world, communications aren’t this simple. You already have /dep 

But they are. Agencies in the same county or district share local communications with those of either municipal, or county to state level in law enforcement and life-saving. Doesn't matter if they're a SWAT team or a state prison. Sure, professional communication decorum happens over a non shared that dispatch centers use to communication via and to, but joint to joint or car to car exists even outside of the same department.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

Welcome to the real world, communications aren’t this simple. You already have /dep 

They literally are this simple, they do it IRL in many departments specifically to make communication as simple and direct as possible to avoid blue on blue incidents or letting a suspect get away unknowingly because you're waiting for a description & by the time that description comes through the channels, the suspect managed to casually get away because none of the cops on scene knew who they were looking for yet. 

This is unfortunately another suggestion that has absolutely zero downsides, nothing but plus sides but will sadly be most likely overrun by negative responses due to it being pro LEO. 

How dare police have a realistic feature in a heavy RP server.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Frakkennewguy said:

Gotta say I'm with Reaper on this one. As the guy on the ground during the op in question, I was getting information from multiple different sources and trying to coordinate two teams to converge on me through a daisy chain of people.

Dep is not the right place to have that sort of information going out and radio to supervisor, to cell to radio was a time lag that could well have crashed the op or turned it into a gunfight it didn't need to be very easily.

It feels to me like the addition of a single channel that LEO can key into for cross department work isn't too much to ask. The sort of situation we were in today will only become more prevailant now there's another faction that might be involved in tactical decisions.

+1

• Upvote 1

would be nice as an optional tune-in for all LEO's / even Fire, just so that when ur on a scene with other agencies - you tune into say, JTAC-1, and each agency dicatates "JTAC-1 in use for (x)" on their own main frequency. then you tune out after, if you want.