Dog/K9 Script Customization - Immersion!

Detailed Description

As it stands, the Dog/K9 script, while very useful, is terribly menu-based. You have to hit 'K' and work from there, selecting options.

ws0YkLY.png

It would be AMAZING if instead of having to be fumbling with a menu while you try to roleplay, you could use actual "voice" (text) commands to interact with your canine.

From a coding perspective, I am no expert, but I doubt it would be terribly difficult? It could be under the settings area, and you would be required to input some text that would trigger the reaction from the dog:

AwV4KlW.png

If you were to write "Fuss" in the 'Write here' area of "Follow", then just by typing "Fuss" in the chatbox and sending the message (that anyone else could hear, just normal text), the dog would react.

Pretty straightforward!

FOR LEO COMMANDS!

It would be the same, just initialize a /target [ID], and work from there.

/target Adv

'Chase'

*The dog goes to bite Adv*

Relevant Commands/Items

Just an update of the dog script. It would make it less menu-based (menus are terrible, change my mind), and way more immersive, as everyone could hear what you say to your dog.

How will it benefit the server?

This brings a dual benefit!

For pet owners (donators! $$$) - More ways to interact with your dog, get some nice RP in, tell your dog to Sit with simple text!

For LEO K9 handlers! - Bring more life to scenes, feel more immersed, ditch the menu! (Options for LEO K9-only commands should be added under the "Law Enforcement" tab.

EASIER SMALL WORKAROUND TO IMPROVE IT AT LEAST A BIT!

At least allow us to bind a word that will get triggered whenever we use the menu.

Example:

You hit K, you go to "Follow", and hit enter. Your character would say whatever you assigned it to say for that.

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3

I think the idea is great but the suggestion a bit confusing / complex. 

Just make it a command that goes /k9 [command] [target if applicable].

So in order to chase someone named Parcival it would be /k9 chase Parcival. You could then also introduce command usage for other people and "hand them a key" so to speak. A bit like vduplicatekey just for giving your dog commands. Maybe /k9givecommand [target]

This way people in relationships could both command the dog while it is spawned in. Same with police - if the dog owner is down or otherwise not responsive another police officer could issue a command on the owner's behalf. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Coni said:

I think the idea is great but the suggestion a bit confusing / complex. 

Just make it a command that goes /k9 [command] [target if applicable].

So in order to chase someone named Parcival it would be /k9 chase Parcival. You could then also introduce command usage for other people and "hand them a key" so to speak. A bit like vduplicatekey just for giving your dog commands. Maybe /k9givecommand [target]

This way people in relationships could both command the dog while it is spawned in. Same with police - if the dog owner is down or otherwise not responsive another police officer could issue a command on the owner's behalf. 

It's pretty difficult to type /k9 command target when you're actively chasing after somebody though, that's the issue. Also due to GTA sync, we cannot speed up the dog therefore the chance of the dog catching the person after someone types it in is little to none due to GTA sync restriction. 

• 1 month later...