Why do police ignore any non action related call? What can be done to prevent it?

PeopleKind

2 minutes ago, Kenshi said:

I don't think we're playing on the same server here G.

Half the stuff I come across at any given night is against the rules, doesn't stop people. 

I will be honest with you, I've not come across anything of what you said, I see the direction you was headed in, but the most that I've encountered is attempts to escalate which are very simple to ignore by telling them to move on, if you don't entertain them, they leave within minutes. 

Just now, DasFroggy said:

You've insisted to a handful of people here now that they're ALL wrong and only YOU are right. There's nothing more to discuss here.

I will be more than happy to hear and see your point as what I said was grossly exaggerated, yet it's exactly what happened.. 

4 minutes ago, Kenshi said:

I don't think we're playing on the same server here G.

Half the stuff I come across at any given night is against the rules, doesn't stop people. 

The dude is literally just ignoring any input and insisting that nobody can be correct except him. Goes a good ways to confirming the previous accusations about who he really is.

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

The dude is literally just ignoring any input and insisting that nobody can be correct except him. Goes a good ways to confirming the previous accusations about who he really is.

So far you've provided literally 0 input, but attempts to derail it off tracks. Yet again, you have a chance to provide your point of view in detail, what you've done is complained about heli rules and said how everything is unrealistic....

Edited by Shortyz

End of the day. Topic was created to ask about why police did this or don't do this.

New perspectives were gained, hurray.

But now we've gone back to the good old "Hey, offtopic but why are police doing this and not this." like we get every time the seasons change. 

Any second now this is gonna get locked as it's divolved into the usual back & forth.

Good night y'all.

P.S. SAHP. Just saying.

Edited by Kenshi
  • Upvote 1

Well, it's simply impossible to respond to every call. Not only that, but it's also 100% better to do fewer calls than speed-running every call, so you can rush for another one. I'd rather provide good role-play and longer interaction than rushing into another shot-fired call.

On the topic of units like OSS/GED, they exist solely to operate in the gang scene. That detail has so much activity going on daily that Gang Deputies/Officers/Detectives have to dedicate all of their focus on observation, investigation and enforcement. They aren't the only details like this, Investigative details in general tend to be in the same boat. You're not going to see a Homicide detective roll to a robbery call.

4 hours ago, knppel said:

not sure if yet another LEO-faction on top of the various ones we have in place is a good solution.

Sure, such will create a hype when it's new, but hypes tend to be short lived.

And trust me when I say it: Police (and Sheriff) is still a rock solid concept in 2023.

I don't think it'll be a silver bullet, but I do think it'll be far more effective than people assume. Even if it's only a temporary bump due to the 'shiny faction' effect, enough people will likely catch the bug that I think we'll see an increase in LEO presence.

39 minutes ago, Barbary said:

On the topic of units like OSS/GED, they exist solely to operate in the gang scene. That detail has so much activity going on daily that Gang Deputies/Officers/Detectives have to dedicate all of their focus on observation, investigation and enforcement. They aren't the only details like this, Investigative details in general tend to be in the same boat. You're not going to see a Homicide detective roll to a robbery call.

I don't think it'll be a silver bullet, but I do think it'll be far more effective than people assume. Even if it's only a temporary bump due to the 'shiny faction' effect, enough people will likely catch the bug that I think we'll see an increase in LEO presence.

Who DOESN'T get inspired by these advertisements. 

2 minutes ago, Kenshi said:

Who DOESN'T get inspired by these advertisements. 

I mean that is another thing that drives people to join different LEO factions, aesthetics and department cultures.

In general, American State Police/Highway Patrols dress, act and operate in ways that aren't close to the same as Police Departments. Just as Police Departments tend to act differently than Sherriff's Departments. Just as how Sheriff's Departments don't operate the same as Game Wardens... you get the idea.

Different departments have different specializations and missions. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a non-zero amount of LEO RPers who don't want to get into departments that simulate the LAPD or LASD.

But I know it's not gonna happen. People've been poking and proding over having a #3 patrol faction for a while now, or converting SAPR to SAHP, and LFM has been very clear on the matter that it's never happening and there's a better chance of SAPR getting deleted completely.

• Gore locked this topic