How to avoid being harassed by gangsters IC! (A guide!)

Decker

8 minutes ago, Decker said:

I usually just treat the LTD bangers like random false claimers personally. Just laugh at them IC.

On my hood medic character in FD I usually treat them as the usual tweakers and crackheads you'd see around hood gas stations and honestly it kinda just works better IC.

Good guide overall, some legal RPers really do need to learn that gang culture is taken really seriously in LA.

What I'd also like to see is more gang members in the Davis/Strawberry area be a bit more tolerant of SC civvies living on their street for example. 

Your mileage may vary a lot depending of faction/street but some members don't even care that you're from their block and you openly explain you don't bang, making RPing a civilian in many places in South Central just impossible.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, radreaper100 said:

i once played a white dude living in south central n it was fucking terrible 

like i don’t even have a problem with gang rpers 90 percent of the time but whats so whack about being white n broke to some ppl? im livin it rn!!!

Had an unaffiliated blaxican character concept I was trying in a hispanic gang area just doing my thing and I've never heard more colonial era, Django Candyland David Duke level of racism, even after making it clear I was hispanic too lmao.

It is what it is.

• Upvote 7
4 minutes ago, Koko said:

Had an unaffiliated blaxican character concept I was trying in a hispanic gang area just doing my thing and I've never heard more colonial era, Django Candyland David Duke level of racism, even after making it clear I was hispanic too lmao.

It is what it is.

u mutt grrrr

shits actually krazy with a k for realsies, feels like some ppl have this incredibly secular idea of how humans act irl n just because u have the label of gang affiliate u suddenly lack the capability to act like a regular ass person 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Koko said:

My current char is blaxican and a "civilian" and experienced much the same in Eastside too, it's very strange. Then there's people who are just absolutely mindblown by the concept that not all latinos are one shade of brown. 

Good guide and think it's great to see someone trying to bridge the gap of understanding between legal and illegal RPers rather than just bashing each other. 

Edited by Zoinks
  • Upvote 3

I’m one of the “shit posters” you speak of. Trust me, I know full well when I’m antagonizing gang members that my character is gonna get her ass beat. I’m not sure who’s crying about it, most of us are keeping it ICly and taking it in stride. 

I don’t mind being jumped for it IF it’s realistic. It’s just RP, after all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
8 minutes ago, Mattel said:

I’m one of the “shit posters” you speak of. Trust me, I know full well when I’m antagonizing gang members that my character is gonna get her ass beat. I’m not sure who’s crying about it, most of us are keeping it ICly and taking it in stride. 

I don’t mind being jumped for it IF it’s realistic. It’s just RP, after all. 

Not all heroes wear capes.

• Applaud 1