Expand RP fear rules and enforce more CK consequences

Ink

only for 1 and 2, 3 makes no sense cuz mfs drive like its gta online on the server daily; im not going to accept a CK by some dude who's driving 140MPH down a side street cuz he thinks its GTAO, but since ik how this'll turn out overall, going to put a -1 for no support anyways

Edited by Morrigan
10 hours ago, Ink said:

So right now,  the rules promote excellent realism for all characters lucky enough to get robbed, by mechanically forcing the players to conduct themselves like a lootable NPC treasure bag

Your sarcasm gives off you subconsciously know this is a bad idea.

As it stands the rule we have in place is so bad already staff barely feels confident of simply enforcing it - read the report section if you doubt this, and look up often handling staff makes a verdict, and how often it's instead delayed to "get more other admins' opinions".

Besides generally slowing down report handling , this also leads to admins internally discussing standards of fear rp when they should be publicly discussed so we could define additional standards to being a pinata for robbers

I get the idea to out of "fairness" apply similar rules to other roles explicitly besides victims of attempted robberies but the question is:

How much fear is realistic?

Take in account we already live in an atmosphere where quite some people rarely get out, typically stating they indeed fear the frequent violence level on the streets, the allegedly high chances to get robbed etc.

You call it realism, but what it really does is limit players' freedom and creativity and character kills that are typically detached from their own story but mostly featuring in someone else's.

Not to point out again the rules contradict each other, say I try to run away from  robber in fear, but they shoot me (legit as I am not complying):

I've roleplayed fear, but that action can just as much lead to my character's death as fear is a bad advisor.

People act irrational when they're afraid, and the attempt to mechanize this will not work. Not in a way that is enjoyable for everyone at least.

Edited by knppel

The low quality robberies come from people who don't give a shit about their characters or character development. CKing those people won't change a thing because they'll do the same thing as soon as they name change. I've always been open to more CKs for people being reckless but this is only a punishment to those who are actually here to RP 

Edited by Keane
  • Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Keane said:

The low quality robberies come from people who don't give a shit about their characters or character development. CKing those people won't change a thing because they'll do the same thing as soon as they name change. I've always been open to more CKs for people being reckless but this is only a punishment to those who are actually here to RP 

This to be honest. There's probably better ways to punish these people like OOC administrative punishments. They'll get CK'ed, make a new character thats almost the exact same as the previous and just metagame their connections with people. Don't think this is the solution to stop this