Limitations on Players Creating Illegal-Factions

CloudedEra

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I wish to build on this, as someone who was near an OCG/Gang in real life while on high school. It largely depends on leadership. Gangs, street gangs ofc cause there are lot of gangs. Street gangs are built on simple strategy. Utilize the youth to spread drugs and count money. Youth will receive less charges and are largely expendable, given you can recruit them practically anywhere and they are easy to brainwash. OCGs usually go beyond street activities, instead of selling drugs, they just move them, they extort dealers and businesses etc etc. Their business strategy is above the street level. But one thing these both groups have in common.

They are ran and maintained by people. OCGs don't shy away from acting like idiots, much like street gangs. If a street gang is celebrating in a club or a bar, they drink and do drugs...so do OCGs, in such cases both groups often resort to senseless violence when triggered. Difference is, that OCGs usually won't waste their time punishing someone's insults if it isn't severe. Street gangs however jump at anything irl. But given OCGs hierarchy, the street level aka soldiers may and usually act like they are a street gang, however such behaviour is usually punished and they are not considered as members of said OCG, they are simply a hired muscle.

The issue IG it's the fact that they play to win mentality which is the wrong mindset.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

The issue IG it's the fact that they play to win mentality which is the wrong mindset.

I know, I pointed it out thousand times by now, that everyone just competes to be the biggest badass on the criminal scene, which frankly puts lot of OCG rpers in a tight spot, much like street gang ones. I seen gangs being founded for the sole purpose to beef with their neighbour, by people who weren't accepted into faction they liked. Just to prove they are better. And that's were they are wrong, cause this is roleplay, there is nothing to win or lose here.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Nuking the all the illegal factions will destroy the server as the waves of that will ripple all the way from illegal, to legal and law enforcement as it will make a lot of people leave the server if you do that. A different approach has to be done regarding the issues you have brought up. 

Obviously my comment wasn't to be taken literally, I meant that a lot needs changed and there isn't just one solution. This is a combination of several different things from people who are in power and holding their positions, hackers, etc etc. I truly cannot name every issue because it would take way too long.

A lot needs to change before we can consider illegal rp being seen in a positive light again.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Obviously my comment wasn't to be taken literally, I meant that a lot needs changed and there isn't just one solution. This is a combination of several different things from people who are in power and holding their positions, hackers, etc etc. I truly cannot name every issue because it would take way too long.

A lot needs to change before we can consider illegal rp being seen in a positive light again.

There is a solution, look at long standing factions, sure bad apples can be found everywhere. But there are many factions and players who just, roleplay. They are no it for material gains or to prove something. They picked this concept and they play it. It's not that hard. 

• 4 weeks later...

From what I am currently counting in the official illegal faction section there are:

- 3 Groups with caucasian ethnicity requirements (where racism is part of the groups theme)
 - 3 Groups with hispanic ethnicity requirements

- 4 Groups with asian ethnicity requirements (1 appears to be an OCG)

- 2 Groups with eurasian ethnicity requirements  (1 appears to be an OCG)

- 0 Groups with afro-american ethnicity requirements

Seems like an imbalance which trickles down to everything that is tied to them. Under the assumption that most gangs also bring ethnic bias with them, it seems to currently be hard to get a connection as an afro-american based faction due to the fact that you only have 2 OCGs (from what I can perceive) and 0 official gangs.

------

In my opinion the concept of an official illegal faction in itself is retro as hell. This may have been relevant during the early SA:MP RP days when gangs got game skins assigned to them but right now it's just a system to track who gets certain perks and who doesnt. 

It requires alot of tracking and has also birthed the for a decade ongoing "screenshot-epidemic" where people get anal about how, when and how often you post screenshots. Where people now try to do what's screenshottable instead of doing what's fun or fitting for the situation. On top of it all it requires heavy tracking by personnel.

Get rid of official factions. Instead allow every player to form a "Group" ingame. Once the group has 5 members and they played X hours since joining that group on average, allow them to upgrade to a "faction" that can invite 20 people. After that track yet again some ingame metrics and once you fulfill those you can upgrade yet again to an "official faction". Now you have access to those property, faction ownership mechanics + you can apply for an illegal business. 

Only after the application for that business has been done that group enters a probationary period where they are looked at and evaluated. If they fit the quality and activity standards, they get the permition for a time-period. If they don't, they don't. After X months they have to re-apply (preferably in advance before it runs out) and are evaluated again. 

Right now the system seems to be very static for a subject that is very fluent. It may be hard to become official but it seems even harder to lose those perks. 

Edited by Coni

Absolutely not, issue is not in the people making them, issue is with people coming to provoke those said factions on their first day, fuck me, first hour. Back in Insanes and ABZ, Terror Town (official faction), Longos (unofficial faction), OBZ (unofficial faction) all came within 1st hour of opening to instigate a fight, brawl and robbery, chase with hammers and guns. That's the issue at hand you have as to why factions close this quick, it's same case with factions in South Central, Vinewood etc. They don't get to develop into anything as they are brought into literal beef that requires guns to be used, which in most cases results in inactivity, no roleplay and closure.

Edited by Shortyz
On 8/5/2023 at 2:04 AM, KussArsch said:

Every unofficial faction has to be approved by IFM. People should also be allowed to have their run. Develop their RP. Feel it out. You can't force people from not enjoying a character and moving on to a different concept. I don't see how there is any harm in people trying something than figuring out that it's not for them. It's not hurting anyone or really effecting anything. It's a no from me. 

I agree on this, aslong as there's an IFM approving them.

People with abysmal records in terms of leadership should be barred from re-creating factions over and over again. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen the same people, creating faction concepts, and killing them after a month or so. Those repeat offenders shouldn't be allowed to create factions; instead, they should encouraged to join an existing faction. The same goes for the ones with a lack of understanding of the concept they are portraying. 

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, TyJ said:

People with abysmal records in terms of leadership should be barred from re-creating factions over and over again. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen the same people, creating faction concepts, and killing them after a month or so. Those repeat offenders shouldn't be allowed to create factions; instead, they should encouraged to join an existing faction. The same goes for the ones with a lack of understanding of the concept they are portraying. 

Last night, saw a guy in a red letter with descriptions of committing all sorts of nefarious activities; DMing, VDM, storing his items to keep them after death AND ignoring the death, with what was described at the end as a "Horrible admin record"...

...and he got a 45 minute ajail.

The standards of the server are in freefall at this point. Someone somewhere in the power structure has simply stopped caring, and we're sacrificing good roleplay organizations in order to preserve a rising level of sludge that isn't interested in quality roleplay, that isn't interested in understanding much less obeying the rules. We're all suffering for it, because skipping rules and going as fast as possible against a more restrained opposition means making those wins gradually less and less reversible.

We need something that can fix the shit-tier roleplay sludge that we're accumulating, and establishing a blacklist may be that solution. Set a standard, and if people can't meet that standard, forever revoke their ability to form any sort of criminal organization, gang, whatever. If they try to bypass it by any means, remove them from the community entirely and permanently.

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Last night, saw a guy in a red letter with descriptions of committing all sorts of nefarious activities; DMing, VDM, storing his items to keep them after death AND ignoring the death, with what was described at the end as a "Horrible admin record"...

...and he got a 45 minute ajail.

This doesn't come as much of a surprise. It's always kind of been this way, at least for the past couple of years. I've seen a hundred different threads about punishments on this server and it never changes. People given 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th chances because they appeal with some "I promise I've learned" sob story. Someone like that should've been banned. Period. It's obvious they had an extensive record. Time to go play on another server. The server would be a better place.

• Upvote 1