Rule 10 - Mugging

• 1 month later...

you'll rob 400$ from a lady and flee in your Bravado Buffalo STX that costs 200k, totally unrealistic. not saying that irl you cant rob and flee in a vehicle, but ppl in this server think robbing is the only way to roleplay

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, heartbeat81 said:

you'll rob 400$ from a lady and flee in your Bravado Buffalo STX that costs 200k, totally unrealistic. not saying that irl you cant rob and flee in a vehicle, but ppl in this server think robbing is the only way to roleplay

"It happens in real life" only applies when it's convenient it seems, like police having bodycams or proactive use of the chopper, increased presence in infested areas, guards being armed. Though this example you mentioned wasnt as much an issue just before the vehicle ban (expensive vehicles in robberies was cracked down on by RPQM) the issue is the use of vehicles themselves. Rather, the volume of use and any associated meta.

One person using a vehicle for a single robbery in a day isn't a problem, even if that's fully roleplayed and within the rules. The problem comes when (considering the alarming number of people who want this) a large portion of the criminal roleplayers suddenly start doing the same thing too. Unfortunately (let's be honest here) in most cases it won't just be once a day. It'll be multiple targets all around the map until either they get the cops called on them, or someone susses out they're chain robbing. That's gonna have a HUGE impact on the viability of civilian roleplay.

The fact is no matter how much players will protest, kick, scream, spit, LMFAO, [insert obscene amounts of emojis here] and swear the earth is flat.. players aren't going to self moderate their activities for the benefit of others. I'm sorry but they just aren't. This thread is proof of that. I don't think people are ever gonna learn.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 2:54 AM, Moonsong said:

"It happens in real life" only applies when it's convenient it seems, like police having bodycams or proactive use of the chopper, increased presence in infested areas, guards being armed. Though this example you mentioned wasnt as much an issue just before the vehicle ban (expensive vehicles in robberies was cracked down on by RPQM) the issue is the use of vehicles themselves. Rather, the volume of use and any associated meta.

One person using a vehicle for a single robbery in a day isn't a problem, even if that's fully roleplayed and within the rules. The problem comes when (considering the alarming number of people who want this) a large portion of the criminal roleplayers suddenly start doing the same thing too. Unfortunately (let's be honest here) in most cases it won't just be once a day. It'll be multiple targets all around the map until either they get the cops called on them, or someone susses out they're chain robbing. That's gonna have a HUGE impact on the viability of civilian roleplay.

The fact is no matter how much players will protest, kick, scream, spit, LMFAO, [insert obscene amounts of emojis here] and swear the earth is flat.. players aren't going to self moderate their activities for the benefit of others. I'm sorry but they just aren't. This thread is proof of that. I don't think people are ever gonna learn.

I remember people just kicking it out on the beach, not local gangs, but civilians. Over the time, the outdoor roleplay has been limited heavily, given there is a possibility to be mugged or robbed even on mount chiliad while hiking. In the past people used every loophole to promote mugging and robbery as the only viable way of income.

From the motorbikes, to raiding fishing tugboats, hence all the rules have been placed. We had it all from highwaymen (Yes, blocking a car in traffic, hopping out and dragging driver out was a thing too).up to modern pirates here. Seems people here don't know the roleplaying aside from server rules has another common courtesy rule. Of course this one cannot be enforced, but throughout various communities, it is rather simple "Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD".

Using the real life argument doesn't help much, simply because in real life, Los Angeles population is in millions. On the server it is limited only to players online currently.

Which basically means any player can become a victim of mugging at any given time.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I remember people just kicking it out on the beach, not local gangs, but civilians. Over the time, the outdoor roleplay has been limited heavily, given there is a possibility to be mugged or robbed even on mount chiliad while hiking. In the past people used every loophole to promote mugging and robbery as the only viable way of income.

From the motorbikes, to raiding fishing tugboats, hence all the rules have been placed. We had it all from highwaymen (Yes, blocking a car in traffic, hopping out and dragging driver out was a thing too).up to modern pirates here. Seems people here don't know the roleplaying aside from server rules has another common courtesy rule. Of course this one cannot be enforced, but throughout various communities, it is rather simple "Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD".

Using the real life argument doesn't help much, simply because in real life, Los Angeles population is in millions. On the server it is limited only to players online currently.

Which basically means any player can become a victim of mugging at any given time.

I remember for a time there was almost a gold rush of people camping the docks for truckers to rob them in blacked out vehicles without even caring to consider how secure a busy industrial port would be. When you did challenge it, of course you got the "But it happens irl" or "It happens rl here's a video to prove it" yet in most cases of industrial robbery and burglary, robbers know EXACTLY what they're going after, where to find it and the tools they need to steal what they want. As is the case with most real life muggings. the robber usually knows the victim and has SEEN something that they want or have seen something that makes the robbery worth the risk.

Yeah some of the crimes are pretty brazen but targets aren't usually random like they are on GTAW. Sitting at the dock waiting for random truckers, robbing fishers or mugging people simply because they have the nerve to be outside and on their own (or maybe in a small group not likely to resist) is basically a HUGE gamble. More and more so as more civilians are wise to this resorting to carrying nothing on them. I don't care what anyone says or how much people will howl and scream at me for it but this method of robbing, simply ISN'T realistic and only creates further divisions and disdain between illegal and legal roleplayers.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

I remember for a time there was almost a gold rush of people camping the docks for truckers to rob them in blacked out vehicles without even caring to consider how secure a busy industrial port would be. When you did challenge it, of course you got the "But it happens irl" or "It happens rl here's a video to prove it" yet in most cases of industrial robbery and burglary, robbers know EXACTLY what they're going after, where to find it and the tools they need to steal what they want. As is the case with most real life muggings. the robber usually knows the victim and has SEEN something that they want or have seen something that makes the robbery worth the risk.

Yeah some of the crimes are pretty brazen but targets aren't usually random like they are on GTAW. Sitting at the dock waiting for random truckers, robbing fishers or mugging people simply because they have the nerve to be outside and on their own (or maybe in a small group not likely to resist) is basically a HUGE gamble. More and more so as more civilians are wise to this resorting to carrying nothing on them. I don't care what anyone says or how much people will howl and scream at me for it but this method of robbing, simply ISN'T realistic and only creates further divisions and disdain between illegal and legal roleplayers.

Which is why, we always will come to conclusion, that mugging rule is a exactly where it should be. People will argue, that for few bad apples whole server is punished.

But what people like to omit from their comments, is that these "few" bad apples actually amount to quite a lot of what's happening on the server.

• Applaud 2