The Corpse Problem

zaXer.

Can coroners collect the bullets from a body and give that information to the law? I was a criminalist in SD and we had blood and casings to collect from scenes but I'm unsure of what DMEC has access to. If they can get bullets or fragments from bodies and then tie that to specific guns the bodies lasting through resets isn't a bad idea. Otherwise... corpse garden time!

8 minutes ago, colorlessrainbow said:

Definitely a tiresome procedure, and I agree - test failed. Maybe let them persist for 24 hours regardless of server restart, then send them to the morgue through the script so they could still be examined as opposed to them getting completely scrapped.

Would result in Davis being full of dead bodies, considering how much gunfire is let loose there. Very bad idea, I do like the CK corpse being persistent, anything else up to 3 hours before NPC'd into morgue.

P.S. 

Stop bully cat in pfp! He already said to let him go!

It's not a solution to remove corpses.

The solution is to make police realise that their job is not only shootouts and pursuits but also random generic boring calls, either by having dispatchers to assign units to calls or have duty supervisors send units at non assigned calls.

The Corpse calls are just one of the many other calls police don't bother responding to.

• Upvote 1

Or how about a push from the administration side to really hammer home that guns are a last resort and people need to stop shooting one another cause they used the wrong letter in a facebrowser post, as just an example. It still happens. I dont think corpse persistence is a problem if the underlying cause of the absolutely astronomical murder rate is addressed. 

This isn't me taking a dig at anyone, but I think most will agree... our murder rate is nuts. Yeah its in part because unlike IRL, the illegal elements of the city are a lot stronger and more numerous. This isn't a bad thing, but I don't see why most conflicts end in a river of bodies being left without really needing it. Someone disrespects you? Where's the days of tying 'em to a chair and beating respect into them instead of just one tapping em.

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 3
26 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

It's not a solution to remove corpses.

The solution is to make police realise that their job is not only shootouts and pursuits but also random generic boring calls, either by having dispatchers to assign units to calls or have duty supervisors send units at non assigned calls.

The Corpse calls are just one of the many other calls police don't bother responding to.

5 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Or how about a push from the administration side to really hammer home that guns are a last resort and people need to stop shooting one another cause they used the wrong letter in a facebrowser post, as just an example. It still happens. I dont think corpse persistence is a problem if the underlying cause of the absolutely astronomical murder rate is addressed. 

11 hours ago, Twentybyte said:

Corpses should only be permanent if they're a CK.

PKs should lead to temporary corpses (no longer than an hour) and despawn afterwards.

There's hundreds of bodies a day, when IMO there should be more like a dozen.

This right here. Making PKs more than they are, that being temporary anyway, isn't the way. And nobody roleplaying law enforcement is gonna enjoy body call after body call.